LegacyGT.com

215/45/18 on 18x8 lowered. Yay or nay?

My wheels are 18x8 + 45 & many people went with 225/40/18 with stock height. My car is lowered about 1.5"ish all around so I was worried about rubbing issues. Has anyone ran either sizes? Did you run into any rubbing issues? The tires I plan to buy are Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 and was told they run wide, can anyone confirm this? Thank you in advance.

• Moderators

I run 235/45r18s on 18x8 +45 wheels. My fenders are rolled, but I have not had any issues.

I'm slightly lower than stock, not as low as you. I would think that you would be fine, 215s are pretty skinny. Also pretty skinny for an 8" wide wheel.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Ideally I would like to run 225/40/18, however I was afraid it'll rub being lowered. So I thought if I went to OEM size it'll do the job. Yes I am a fan of the slight stretch look. Has anyone ran 225/40/18 on 18x8+45 being lowered? Issues? Thanks in advance.

I'm currently rubbing 235/40/18 lowered & it's rubbing horribly.

Sounds like a setup issue rubbing horribly with235... I'm running 2 sets of 225/40/18 on 18x8+45 wheels a DWS and Potenza S04 pretty low no issue. Was going to put 235 on next set that needs it.

Where is it rubbing, specifically? Lower spring perch on the inside or along the fender? Anyhow, I'm lowered 1.5" as well, and 235/40 was my sweet spot with zero rub whatsoever, whereas 245/40 would rub on big bumps/dips. You should have plenty of clearance with 225/40.

It's rubbing along the fender even when the rears are rolled which I'm surprised. Anyone else has input running 225/215 lowered? I can't decide which to go with although Michelin tends to run wide according to rumors so I would assuming purchasing 215 would somehow be similar to 225. How much of a drop did you decide to go with Gex?

Not sure the exact figure but the car is pretty darn low. More then 1.5" id say for sure.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/540/m8zRUw.jpg

No rubbing with room for more. Something is fishy with your alignment specs if your rubbing.

Archived