LegacyGT.com

ER HC code

iMouseGT

Hard to search to see if anyone else had this problem, but it's a P0600 code and the trip meter reads "ER HC". The CEL trips and the cruise control indicator flashes. The car temp also reads H. I pulled into a parking lot and reset the code with my scanner and everything was fine after that. I was driving normally the whole time when it tripped. I have an 06 stage 2 that's been running great for 4 months. Just wondering if anyone knows why this happened just incase I run into it again.

Mine just did it tonight. I was driving around getting my Avic-N2 to up the 3d Calibration and i noticed the engine read HOTTTT, and the odo said ER HC....

No CEL or CC lights though. It went away when i turned the car off and on.

Mine just did it tonight. I was driving around getting my Avic-N2 to up the 3d Calibration and i noticed the engine read HOTTTT, and the odo said ER HC....

No CEL or CC lights though. It went away when i turned the car off and on.

Same thing happened tonight to me. Guess its something semi-common, nothing to worry about i guess.

Tolly

07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

• 2 years later...

bringing up an old thread but..

while i was driving tonight, i got a CEL and a flashing cruise light with the Err HC code on my dash. i dunno if it was me or not, but my acceleration under light load seemed very jerky. with constant light pressure on my throttle, my boost gauge would go from -0.6 to -0.2 and would surge between the two. i'm VERY familiar with the way i drive, and surging between those two numbers under vacuum would require a bit of change in my throttle pressure.

i tried to shut off my car and restart it, but the CEL was still there. i might just disconnect my battery tomorrow and see if i can reset it, but is there any other potentially serious problems that might happen? i dont understand why an "error with high speed CAN communication bus" would have anything to do with how i drive my car.

i have an 06 GT with only intake/exhaust. no ECU reflashes.

Do you have any after market remote start or alarm systems?
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Body Integrated Unit. This controls a lot of the vehicle settings and controls.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• 1 month later...

Just happened to me :(. Exact same thing. "ER HC", temp at full hot, fluid levels normal, IC warm to the touch, radiator cool to the touch, radiator fans running at full tilt, check engine light on and cruse light flashing. turned the car off and back on. and "ER HC"is gone, fans running at full tilt, check engine light is on, curse is still flashing, but temp is now normal.

No mods except for a drop in AVO filter.

Taking it to Suby tomorrow.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

But I am not reflashing my ECU. I don't even have a AP yet. I am at the dealier now and they are going to pull the code and find out what when wrong.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

that is the code when you reflash ur ECU

But I am not reflashing my ECU. I don't even have a AP yet. I am at the dealier now and they are going to pull the code and find out what when wrong.

Well guess we know he was wrong.

I still think it has something related to the BIU as that is a High Speed Can error as it is a communication issue.

They pulled the code and found code C0108, C0106, & C0105: Front Left, Rear Left, & Rear Right ABS sensor Signal.

They did a freeze frame data and gave me a copy and found this:

FR Wheel Speed: 32MPH

FL Wheel Speed: 2MPH

RR Wheel Speed: 11MPH

RL Wheel Speed: 11MPH

Vehicle Speed: 32MPH

So for the time being they have cleared the code and are looking to see where the fault might be. Their thinking that it could be a communications issue between the ABS computer and the ECU. So they believe that the car is safe to drive and will let me go for now and will work the issue further.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Yup. Atleast they have been able to find data on the problem.

that's why I went there directly this morning. At least they had free wifi there so I could get some work done and not take that time off from work :)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

• 2 years later...

It's an old thread, but I'll add to it....

Same symptoms, CEL, Flashing CC and "ER HC" under the trip odometer. Autozone spit out the P0600 code.

Interestingly someone else in the thread said they were experiencing jerky acceleration. I've been having the same problem at low RPM when first starting out it's seems jerky until the turbo kicks in. The mileage is pretty bad too...Getting like 16-21 in mostly city driving, but I'm not hard on the car. Even on long trips where its 70%+ highway I'm getting 23....

I have 2,500 left on the PT warranty, so let's see what Subie has to say....

• 3 months later...

Just got this deal on my way into work this morning. ER HC with solid CEL and flashing Cruise Control. I also noticed jerky acceleration under light throttle that went away when I punched it. Haven't been in it long enough to notice any kind of mileage change.

LEGGTNUT/CSBROWN28: were you able to find out exactly what happened and what ended up being the resolution?

Just got this deal on my way into work this morning. ER HC with solid CEL and flashing Cruise Control. I also noticed jerky acceleration under light throttle that went away when I punched it. Haven't been in it long enough to notice any kind of mileage change.

LEGGTNUT/CSBROWN28: were you able to find out exactly what happened and what ended up being the resolution?

I took mine to the dealer 24hrs later and they said that a drop in voltage can cause the problem, but since the CEL was gone by the time I got it to the dealer I can't be sure if they are right. It hasn't come back and its been several months. The jerky acceleration had nothing to do with it. Same for the mileage. That was dirty fuel injectors.

I read something about some kinda wiring under the driver seat if memory serves. The "HC" in the code has to do with the communications system (wiring). That's all (I think) I know.

Give us an update if you learn anything.

EDIT: I should mention that my 06 has as relatively low miles (48k). It's never been raced or abused and is in mint condition and is 100% OEM (still has original tires...lol)

I'm running an '06 LGT that just hit 50k - no mods ('cept K&N) or abuse.

The same day the issue started, I went to the local gas station to fill up before going home from work. I fired it up after I filled up the tank and the CEL/Flashing Cruise Control and ER HC error in the ODO had cleared itself. Strange stuff. Happy I didn't have to drop a large chunk of coin for a diag and a mystery repair.

Archived