LegacyGT.com

Trunk Debadging

Good news! All of the badging is held on with double sided tape...no holes into the trunk. Easy de-badge instructions: 1. Leave Car out in sun to get glue good and hot. 2. Once the glue is good and hot, use fishing line under the edges of the emblems to cut through the double-sided tape, remove badges. 3. Using a rubbing motion the remaining glue with ball up and come off the car in globs. 4. Final clean with "GooGone" brand goo remover. 5. Follow up with some wax. [img]http://www.subaruchallenge.com/Wills/Photos/LegRear.JPG[/img]

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='gt_ltd']why did you leave the "2.5GT" there? looks kinda imbalance if you ask me..[/quote] Yeah I'm beginning to agree with you...I thought I should leave it so I did...but now it's starting to seem out of place. I'm gonna leave it for a few days and then decide.

Thanks for doing the debadge for us! Your instructions are so easy. Let's just hope now that people won't do it to our cars without us knowing.... Anyways, I agree with the others. The 2.5GT does look out of place. Maybe if you relocated it lower or something?
-ben

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Opie, maybe if u just took the 2.5 away and left the GT that would look pretty good and not out of place at all. And for all asking about the Subaru Logo Badge, I would either leave it or put an STi one on but for the colour of Opie's car, it matches perfectly!

[quote name='Opie']Good news! All of the badging is held on with double sided tape...no holes into the trunk. Easy de-badge instructions: 2. Once the glue is good and hot, use fishing line under the edges of the emblems to cut through the double-sided tape, remove badges. [/quote] Dental floss works as well. I used that for my current car, b15. Just another idea incase you dont have fishing line available. :D

• 3 weeks later...
thanks for the posts, I've thought since day one the badging was overkill, thanks for researching and telling us the easy way to remove it. Like the previous post, leaving the Legacy does look nice, a bit of a sleeper effect with the GT missing

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just debadged my car today (second day of ownership) 1. use the heat of a hairdryer to loosen up the glue. 2. Use a small string (dental floss doesn't work well, it breaks too easily) to pull letters off. 3. use fingers to roll off most of residual glue (can heat up more with hairdryer if it cooled to make it easier.) 4. Use a softcloth and Trif-flow or WD-40 and the rest comes right off. 5. with liquid wax or detailer clean area. Took less than 1/2 hour to remove all badges. Wanted to be as "what the heck kind of car is that" as possible. :)

Archived