LegacyGT.com

Hey guys, I have noticed a burning oil smell from under the Hood and was finally able to check it out. Seems like I may have a leak between the head and block on the passenger side that is dripping on to the exhaust. I checked the drivers side and there's a little bit of oil at that junction as well, but not bad enough to drip. I have about 82k on it. Is this a normal thing for the boxers to leak at that location? Is there another point they are known to leak from? Don't really feel like doing head gaskets at this point in its life! The valve covers are dry, so definitely not those that are leaking. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Yeah, I've got the same problem with my driver's side head gasket leaking a bit. I've got 105k miles. Head gaskets are well known for being problematic with our cars. Just keep checking the oil, keeping it topped off and watching how much your car uses. And when you need an inspection, just brake clean all the oil around the head gasket or they'll fail you. In the future, you should consider finally just getting the head gaskets done, but this is a good short term solution.

Archived