LegacyGT.com

08 Spec B

SpecBFan

Hello LegacyGT.com,

I am new to legacys but I have owned many subarus and currently own a 11 outback.

I found a 2008 Spec B around my area that someone is selling. I will be checking it out tomorrow to see what shape its in. The post says it has 87500 miles on it and hes asking 15500. It says mechanical and cosmetic condition is good. The pictures look like the car is in good condition. I contacted the guy and says the only problem is it will need new tires.

My questions for you would be is this a good deal? should I offer a little less and what should I look for to make sure im not buying a lemon? Is there common problems to check for on some models?

Any help would be great!! Thank you

Read some of the other posts in this section as to what to look for when shopping around for this car. You'll see compression/leakdown test suggested (especially at that mileage). Ask about service records, services at indicated mileage intrevals, and ask the seller if the car was ever modded. I'm sure I missed a few things, so search the site a bit and learn about the quirks these cars have.

Thank you, I have been using the sight to find info. There is a lot of good info on this sight and takes a long time to look thru all the pages. I figured I could get what i was looking for just by asking.

I didnt think 87000 was high for a subaru. I have found 06-07 spec B's for around the same price with around the same miles.

Archived