LegacyGT.com

A/c belt 2b or not 2b on??

Sup again guys. Just would like some input on my a/c belt whether to have it on or off.... Does it create more stress with it on and if I take it off will it do any significant damage in the long run? I don't ever use my a/c not even in the summer and seeing as winter is right around the corner I highly doubt I'll need it lol. Thanx for ur input in advance

Ok because my friend was telling me he took it off to create less stress in the engine *shrugs* idk I just wanna get to the bottom of this

He meant well.

I usually take my A/C belt off around this time because I'm not going to be using it anytime soon. At the end of the month or so, I put it back on to check if the A/C is still working (you have to do this to check on it periodically).

Leaving the belt on does nothing significant. It's only when you turn the A/C on that your MPGs begin to drop.

But that's only if u turn the a/c on with the heat on, no??

I'm pretty sure that when you turn on full defrost the A/C automatically runs. I only had A/C available for one winter. After I lost it (for various reasons on both cars). I honestly can't say for sure if it comes on or not. I always turned it on manually (habit from having my Camaro). BUT, it took noticeabley longer to defrost my windows. And now it's impossible to defrost my rear side windows.

Archived