LegacyGT.com

need some insight

Have 95 legacy,2.2,4eat transmission,225/70/14 all terrains

have had the knock sensor code for a while,but here's the issue.Drove to the beach,got 22.7mpg on the way there.drove all week on the beach etc. On the way home I only managed 14.5mpg,and it felt like it had no power whatsoever. I happened to run though a bunch of water at the beach,so I figured I got my o2 sensors wet(it would shake and shit when I went through and for a min after the water) so I replaced it. Made it run better,but still getting terrible mileage I average 15ish.now im getting a erratic idle and feeling sluggish at lower rpms. Any insight is appreciated.

• I Donated

Sounds like an air problem.

Clean your mass air flow sensor and change your air filter. Driving around on the beach, you likely got a bunch of sand clogged up in the air intake

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

buy a new knock sensor. You can find them for about $15 on Ebay. There is a link to one on the bottom of this post.

Don't go with a junk yard one. more times than not they get damaged when removed...they are pretty sensitive

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Subaru-Legacy-Knock-Sensor-90-91-92-93-94-95-96-/320545016968?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1995%7CModel%3ALegacy&vxp=mtr&hash=item4aa1f8cc88

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived