LegacyGT.com

Looking for a mechanic NE ct

windzilla

I need to have a few things done on the lgt and am looking for recs on a shop I. North east CT or between tolland area and east Hartford who know something about these cars.

One place I am considering is eagleville motors. The owner seemed to know a bit about the 05s and asked good questions about weather I had the banjo bolt filter fixed for example but I was using them to get the wife's car detailed and wondered if anyone here knows about them or other reputable shops.

A search of the forum turned up Paul (gttuner) in RI but my understanding is he isn't active right now.

Semper ubi sub ubi

Not too sure of Mechanics in CT but there is Underdog in Ayer, MA which is about 45 min north or Worcester and of course Motive in Woburn are both excellent options if you are willing to drive a little.

Thanks for the recs guys

Ive also noted good things mentioned on ECS on other similar "good mechanic in x area" posts.

I'm in an odd position as I Have a Car I will need to have towed due to a frozen front caliper. a job I would love to do myself but work is quite busy right now and im nearing 80hrs a week.

I am borrowing a relatives beater/winter car for now, but they need it back soon for beating on and whatnot.

I think I will have the car towed to eagleville motors and let them do the brakes, a test run, if they do well, then I might have them take on some other projects that could be more involved.

I'll keep the thread updated with my experiance incase someone else in the quiet corner is looking for work to be done.

again, thanks for your suggestions, I think its outside my AAA tow range to get up past the Wusta and see Underdog.

Semper ubi sub ubi

I've had work done at ECS - Pretty good guys there.

They can take of just about anything wrong with the car.... And they seem to have an LGT in the shop just about daily these days....

After talking to max capacity he had no knowledge of eagleville himself but checked around for me and did not hear any red flags so I think I will give them a shot. Like I said before I'll let people know how it goes
Semper ubi sub ubi

Not to many options in CT. There is Weapons Grade Performance in Wallingford who are hackjobs on Subarus, EFI Logics in Bethel who use to be amazing but are now also hackjobs since Chris Passed away not to mention their rates are insanely high, The Shop CT in Norwalk, which blew my motor on my DSM and i heard their labor jobs suck and they are pricey, and ECS which I've never been to but haven't heard too many good things about them either.

Im from Meriden but if i ever need performance work done it will be Alberto from Motive Autoworks since a bunch of people on here love his work.

I would give the place near you a try for brakes since that is routine maintenance but if your going to get aftermarket work done, go to someone who does it every day.

... Chris never turned wrenches, so not sure what his passing would have to do with the garage. I've been there in the last year, and it's the same garage crew more or less, that used to be there. But they can be pricey. I believe ECS's labor rate is a few bucks higher.

You can try a reputable dealer for what you done as well.

... Chris never turned wrenches, so not sure what his passing would have to do with the garage. I've been there in the last year, and it's the same garage crew more or less, that used to be there. But they can be pricey. I believe ECS's labor rate is a few bucks higher.

You can try a reputable dealer for what you done as well.

Yeah not sure what happened, i know Chris didnt turn a wrench but the moral isnt right there and the quality was terrible my last visit. I went there to get my actuator and center gauge pod installed, and also to install the bracket for the ebcs. The actuator had zero tension on the wastegate flap and the cubby for the gauges wouldn't close, bracket for the ebcs was fine. This visit cost me 625$!!

I complained that the cubby door and the wastegate were wrong, i ended up fixing the wastegate myself and i had to go back to efi to get the cubby pod fixed, they came out and said my stri gauge was to large for the cubby pod and that they just need to trim it a bit. So they did that and they never mentioned about how much that was going to cost me, they charged me 125$ more for the trimming. At this point i was a little angry so i just paid the bill and went out to my car. You can see they accidentally hit my dash with the dremel and also hit the cubby door and right above the clock with the dremel and it looks like crap. I just left and I'm never going back.

Maybe i just had bad luck. I use to bring my sti there all the time and i had zero problems and it was awesome. I dont mind paying a lot for good quality work.

Archived