LegacyGT.com

Tire Disintegrates?

What happened here??

This isn't my car, it's my buddies 2004 GMC Envoy with 28k miles. The tires are original to the car. He doesn't know exactly what happened because he lent out the car. I'm thinking dry rot.

Has anyone seen any similar pictures?

Rosen.thumb.jpg.53a0d8f9b4902a95289b6c941d51064b.jpg

What year is his Envoy? Also, what brand tires? Tires are usually good for about 6 years regardless of the mileage or how deep the tread is. However, dry rot would do this even if the tire had extremely low mileage, which is pretty scary.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

A combination of age, overloading (truck) and low pressure would be my guess. Look at the sidewall. After the "DOT" imprint, there will be a mandatory four digit imprint (such as 3611) That number means the tire was constructed on the 36th week of 2011. Yours could be as old as 2603. No real suprise they failed.
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

http://col.stb.s-msn.com/i/21/8E7E72022B42BB7A7988E56DA1910.jpg

No. 1: Loudoun County, Va.

Median household income: $119,540

With a median household income that is a full $16,000 higher than our second-place finisher, Loudoun County has trounced the competition on its way to becoming the richest county in America.

10 years is goofy. I tell my customers that after 5 they're pushing it.

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

With a median household income that is a full $16,000 higher than our second-place finisher, Loudoun County has trounced the competition on its way to becoming the richest county in America.

This is a real headscratcher.:confused::lol:

What year is his Envoy? Also, what brand tires? Tires are usually good for about 6 years regardless of the mileage or how deep the tread is. However, dry rot would do this even if the tire had extremely low mileage, which is pretty scary.

Year: 2004

Tire: Michelin Cross Terrain SUV (Highway All-Season)

Thats something like 3k miles a year on average. Spend a looong time stopped in one place sitting on its tired did it? My guess.

Driven to 25k, then sat for 5 years.

need more pics looking up:)

too hard to tell w/ one pic

Nice try...

??

:orly:

Archived