LegacyGT.com

Center Console 2 Gauge Pod

PLTek

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of making an silver/black anodized or silver/black colored aluminum gauge "pod" that will look look like sort of the one in this post. It would have 2 x 60mm holes, 60mm fitment sleves, and mounting bolts.

http://www.pltek.net/pod.jpg

As option, you could get 2 x 60 to 52 conversion sleves that would allow you to mount 52 mm gauges.

Price would be about 85-95USD shipped depending on wheteher you got the additional conversion sleves.

Let me know if you are interested and if you have any useful feedback

Thank you

Peter Sz

PLTek,llc

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *Jedimaster*
Why not a version with one 52mm or 60mm hole and the other side indented for storage? I've been thinking of that for a while now.

Visors do not come with pod, these happen to be Defi gauges and the visor is optional as a defi accessory,

I could probably do one with only 1 hole but the door that closes the compartment now would have to go either way. I will see what I can do.

Need more feedback and see some interest.

Anyone else?

Thanks

PS

I’m planning to put 2 52mm in the cubby and have the door shut. I’m going to make everything myself but if you could find some trick way so the cubby doesn’t glow when the door is shut I would be interested. Right now I’m planning on installing a switch on the power line but if you could integrate a button that is activated my the cubby door…:cool:

To be honest I think enough people on here have done this (60’s without the door and 52s with the door) and posted walk through with pics, I’m not sure you would sell many units but im glad vendors are thinking about us.

If you wanted to a gague pod that people will buy I would do somthing like THIS.

IMHO

Is this view of a JDM version? I think it is because the emergency flasher switch is on the left side and the gauges seem to be oriented toward a right driver.

I would really like a 2 x 52mm gauge holder that fits inside the cubby so that the cubby door can be closed completely. Out of sight, out of mind, very subtle and not crying out for a break in. Ideal would be a system that enable the Autometer Nexus gauge system to fit behind the cubby door.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Well the Defi-BF only come in 60MM. If they came in 52 I'd be all over that. I have my XM in the cubby so I guess a dash pod with a 60mm won't be so bad..I hope.

Why not use the perrin steering wheel pod? Now that I think of it, it doesn't seem like anyone is using it. never even seen a pic of one in operation. Is there any reason for this?:confused:

First off, I appreciate all of the feedback.

As some of you may know, until last week I owned a WRX. In that world, majority of people want the 60MM gagues.

Here it seems just the opposite, NOT sure why. Is it because most owners want to upgrade their car but want the look of it as stock as possible??

In my opinion the Defi gauges are the best looking and operating gauges out there. I cant speak for the new Autometer nexus. I personally don't care for them, but they do come in 52MM size.

Maybe you can help me to understand if I am missing something.

With respect to pricing, I am not sure what it will be, I estimated based on the idea I had but as I am finding out, its not going to be simple trying get consensus of what this pod should be look like. That would definitely help to price it out.

Thanks again for your thoughts,

Peter Sz

PLTek,llc

Here it seems just the opposite, NOT sure why. Is it because most owners want to upgrade their car but want the look of it as stock as possible??

BINGO!!!! :p

Personally, looking stock would be having no gauges (stock). But some wanna be able to conceal them when necessary. Just a guess.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

As some of you may know, until last week I owned a WRX. In that world, majority of people want the 60MM gagues.

Because this is a grown up car. It shouldn't look like a 87 civic with a giant tach and shift light screwed down crookedly to the dash with some drywall screws. Read all the posts about ex-audi owners buying LGT's.. that's the kind of quality we want.

Maybe like this:

http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/products/awe/b6_vent_gauge/b6_cvent_platinum.jpg

or like this:

http://www.stratmosphere.com/s4_boostgauge_320.jpg

Guests shouldn't go "WTF is THAT??" or "Why does that look so ridiculous compared to my normal car". i.e. Need to be able to drive the boss around.

Archived