LegacyGT.com

Have I missed out on the Legacy Wagons? :(

Smorris

As you can tell if you peek at my last post, I haven't been on here for a while. I am again considering replacing Teh Fabulous Trashwagon with a Legacy.

First, I was surprised I can't get a manual any more using the "Build Your Own" on the Subaru site. Then disappointed I can't get NAV with the wagon (but you can the sedan? So I'm less inclined to get lost if I drive a wagon???? )

OK, I can live with a NAVless 5EAT. All I gotta do is find an LGT Ltd Wagon in Diamond Gray. :Clicks "Check local inventory"

Uh Oh! Clicks "Next three dealers." UH OH!!! Checks every dealer withing about 200 miles! Oh Sh!t!! All I found were a couple of 2.5i wagons and one silver LGT wagon. :confused:

Have I missed out? I've been out of the loop, but I know there are no more Legacy wagons after '07, with them becoming Outback wagons (and likewise, no Outback sedans.) I prefer the lower suspension and no cladding of the Legacy over the Outback.

Believe it or not, I've been cross-shopping the VW Touareg. (Actually, I've been shopping for the VW, and thought I'd give the Leggy a look again.) It is quite a vehicle (especially, the V10 diesel with the air suspension) but I'm looking at a barebones V6, which is priced just a little more than a nicely loaded LGT Ltd.

Or maybe I'll just keep the WRX wagon and continue to wait for that elusive (and still rumored) STi [tuned] wagon...

Thanks,

Steve

_____

Steve

Avon, Ohio

The Morris Garage

1958 MGA Roadster____ 1965 Vespa 180 Super Sport _____ 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon

1991 Mazda Miata_____ 2006 Vespa LX150

yeah, the mt wagons are gone. if you search around a bit, you'll find some articles posted here about it. shame. I've got an '05 with mt and I plan on keeping it unless something REALLY bad happens to it. think your only chances for a mt will be in a used one.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

yeah, the mt wagons are gone. if you search around a bit, you'll find some articles posted here about it. shame. I've got an '05 with mt and I plan on keeping it unless something REALLY bad happens to it. think your only chances for a mt will be in a used one.

No, I meant *all* the LGT wagons are gone. MT or AT... After I posted the above, I went through Autotrader 300 miles out, and found one new LGT wagon.

No, I meant *all* the LGT wagons are gone. MT or AT... After I posted the above, I went through Autotrader 300 miles out, and found one new LGT wagon.

oh, yeah that too. def hard to find!

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Welcome to my world!

Last month I wanted a DGM wagon...my local dealer had one I was going in on my lunch to sign the paperwork and the jack-hole sales manager sold it out from under me by a guy calling in on the phone from Michigan.

Then none to be found the closest one was in TN and it was just too far for me to pull off.

I ended up getting a 2.5i wagon because the wagon was more important to me than the turbo. As you can see by my Avatar its blue...ONLY WAGON LEFT IN THE MIDWEST! or at least the only one a dealer would trade for.

The dealer had to get mine from MN (I live in Chicago) because if I wasn't getting a turbo it had to be a Limited...

Basically GT Wagon's don't exist anymore in the midwest...probably because its been a month now none left in the U.S.

Call Subaru Customer Service and have them do a search for you...

Damn this tread has got me all fired up again

As of a couple of weeks ago, there was anew DGM wagon in the subaru dealer in Kingston NY. Not exactly close to you, but thought you might want to know.

Thanks, but not any more. All sedans.

Also, I've decided against the Touareg. Not because I don't like it. It is a fantastic vehicle. But after sitting down with the salesman, talking price, and coming to a more than fair under invoice price, I came to the same conclusion I did if you look at a thread I created here two years ago:

My WRX wagon is so damn fun, I still think I'd regret selling it!

So, see y'all in another couple of years when I get the itch again. Meanwhile, I'll continue to have a blast with the WRX. My wife says at 53 I need to get a more "mature" car. I say enjoy life and have fun!

Thanks again for your input!

Steve

Smorris, PLEASE send your complaint to SOA telling them that you are ready to purchase a car that they foolishly no longer produce, and that you may have to switch brands to get what you want :)

I just did exactly that. Thanks!

Thanks, but not any more. All sedans.

Also, I've decided against the Touareg. Not because I don't like it. It is a fantastic vehicle. But after sitting down with the salesman, talking price, and coming to a more than fair under invoice price, I came to the same conclusion I did if you look at a thread I created here two years ago:

My WRX wagon is so damn fun, I still think I'd regret selling it!

So, see y'all in another couple of years when I get the itch again. Meanwhile, I'll continue to have a blast with the WRX. My wife says at 53 I need to get a more "mature" car. I say enjoy life and have fun!

Thanks again for your input!

Steve

No need to leave steve! you are more than welcome to stay on the forum!! infact, why not post up some pics of the WRX?

I just did exactly that. Thanks!

Good. Check my sig, too.

This is exactly what morons at SOA didn't get - NOW it's slowly the time for WRX owners to upgrade. Yet, the morons think WRX wagon drivers will go for Outbacks or clunky Foresters.

No need to leave steve! you are more than welcome to stay on the forum!! infact, why not post up some pics of the WRX?

Thanks, I did for a little bit after my first round of almost getting the LGT (which ended with me deciding the WRX was too damn much fun to part with! :) I don't have many posts, so you can look back at the one where we got to beat on an LGT at BeaverRun autocross and my subsequent test drive.) I just play on too many forums to keep up.

Pics? you want pics! Click sig (which as a freeloader, I have to paste in. ;) )

_____

Steve

Avon, Ohio

The Morris Garage

rear.jpg.cb56d9ac487fc9dd1cb294c190066cc1.jpg

you could always get an outback.....

Ummmm, no....

If my WRX was stolen tonight and I absolutley *had* to get a new car today, I'd get the SAAB 9-3 or 9-5 Aero SportCombi (Do you know that if you buy any SAAB Aero that a 2-day drivers class at Road Atlanta is free?) No, it isn't that overpriced. A 9-3 Aero SportCombi with touring package and cold weather package comes in at $33,894 MSRP less incentives, about what I'd pay for a nicely appointed LGT wagon. The 9-5 Aero is $35,241 MSRP less incentives, or about what a Spec B stickers for.

Or I'd get the Volkswagen Touareg I almost bought yesterday, with MSPR of $43,490 and the deal I turned down after I decided to keep the WRX was $39,805.

So I'd have no qualms spending mid-high $30s for a specB wagon! If only Subaru would make me one!

I'd get a used A6 Avant or M-B E-class wagon before the Outback. (I've watched our '01 A6 drop in value to that of my '02 WRX, so I'd probably not buy another new Audi.)

Unclemat, I did follow your sig, and read the stuff here and on NASIOC (all 15 pages of it [i'm ArtGecko over there, but did not add to the thread].) There's no convincing people who's minds are made up...

_____

Steve

Avon, Ohio

[/url]The Morris Garage

Ummm....I only paid $26,600 for my OBXT and it would have been about $28,800 for a limited......

Sorry, I certainly wasn't clear in my reply. Didn't mean to be glib. I'm just not partial to the Outback style or ride height for me. To me, it is not an option for the discontinued Legacy GT wagon. So if/when I replace my WRX, it appears it won't be with another Subaru. My cost comments were not in regard to the Outback, but comparing what I've compared the Legacy to, and noting that I would be willing to pay a premium for a premium SpecB style Legacy wagon.

I actually think the Outback wagon fills it's niche better than anything else out there. It is just not a niche that I'm interested in at this time.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the mistake SOA made.

There are some mwiener2s (probably plenty of them as Outback is best selling Subaru - if I am not mistaken) out there. They see Outback as a car that can be an upgrade path for WRX wagon owners.

For enthusiast WRX owners (some are not, I suspect, after seeing senior citizens driving WRXs - but I may be mistaken) Outback is not an option.

Wagon body and performance of sport sedan cannot be had from Subaru in midsize (or almost midsize) car. With prices reaching 35K there are performance wagons available from Europeans and Chrysler.

I am not in the car market for next 3-4 years, unless something happens. I will be looking for replacement for my 2003 VW Passat Wagon. Legacy GT wagon would have been a contender. Outback will not be one.

Krzys

Ha! I was in your exact position - I had (and still have) a black 02 WRX wagon and I wanted a black or blue LGT wagon with a manual and black interior. After a year of waiting, lamenting, hoping for a SpecB, and emailing Subaru, I just went out and found one used. May take a month+ to find exactly what you want, but they are out there. My '05 only had 10k. I basically let someone else break it in and take the initial depreciation hit.

Since the above post, I found a used LGT wagon. According the Autotrader, it was the only used 2006 LGT wagon in the whole eastern half of the US. I called the guy, and he said he sold it to the first person that called on it, and has been getting calls from all over the midwest. They're just not out there.

Right now, there is are two 2006-2007 LGT wagons within a 300 mile radius of me.

Since the above post, I found a used LGT wagon. According the Autotrader, it was the only used 2006 LGT wagon in the whole eastern half of the US. I called the guy, and he said he sold it to the first person that called on it, and has been getting calls from all over the midwest. They're just not out there.

Right now, there is are two 2006-2007 LGT wagons within a 300 mile radius of me.

I live in NJ and flew to Florida to get mine since I was looking for something very specific. I considered driving it back, but I ended up having it shipped.

I'm sure you'd pay quite a price, but pretty sure our Canadian friends have Legacy GT Wagons with MT (option comes up if you check Subaru's Canadian website). I've even thought of checking into what kind of a deal I could swing in a few years when I'm ready for a new LGT.

Archived