LegacyGT.com

Whatttttttttt! Lol discovered it on my 96 impreza and on the legacy it is on the fuse box under the hood. The is a spot for a fuse that is labeled fwd. Its only for automatic cars but it is a true fwd. Not sure if it will work with the turbo version tho

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

had it in my svx, it really does only put power to the front tires. I don't think it was any performance gain though, fun if you like torque steer. didn't really keep the fuse in long enough to tell about fuel economy.

No it is not for towing, it is for driving on the small temporary spare so that you don't ruin the differentials. You wouldn't need to switch the car to FWD if you were using a dolly as all 4 wheels would be off the ground which is how our cars must be towed anyway. RTFM

I'm wondering if you get back some of the drive train loss or if it's a waste..its got to be better on gas because the engine is working less

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Is this thread actually happening:mad: Leave that damn fuse alone, never think about touching it again if you are worried about MPG's buy a 3 cyl Geo Metro.

:lol::lol::lol::rolleyes::p

the power gains from inserting the fuse are truely astronomical. i recommend using it at all times. removeing the driveshaft and rear diff and rear shafts will also save weight and improve mpgs.

after this gut the interrior and replace all windows with plexiglass. if you havent seen amazing huge gains in hp and mpg then you should start thinking about cutting out some of the body reinforcement members. after all they add alot of weight, and the best way for gains to to shed weight. you can also remove the entire dashboard. just use jbweld to mount the cluster to the firewall. dashboards are heavy so you will see gains there. good luck.

Douche gods ,now that is slightly harsh :lol: I understand you frustration so lets start over. The idea you presented would make one strongly consider it b/c less driven parts should mean more MPGs but that isnt the reality. Like stated earlier the FWD option is to protect the drivetrain from damage if and only if they cant tow it on a flatbed.

Thank you for your understanding lol..:cool: lonnnnng day didn't mean to be a ass

No problem man welcome to the forums enjoy you ride !!! I you have questions search first, ask second we will be able to cover most issues that arise :)

No it is not for towing, it is for driving on the small temporary spare so that you don't ruin the differentials. You wouldn't need to switch the car to FWD if you were using a dolly as all 4 wheels would be off the ground which is how our cars must be towed anyway. RTFM

Well okay, it makes it so it could be towed on a tow dolley. tow dolley being a thing that picks up only two wheels. And yes I know subis must be trailered to do it properly.

Well okay, it makes it so it could be towed on a tow dolley. tow dolley being a thing that picks up only two wheels. And yes I know subis must be trailered to do it properly.

No it doesn't. Installing the fuse doesn't disconnect the drive train. You must tow AWD/4WD vehicles with all 4 wheels off the ground or disconnect the rear drive shaft.

:eek:

You can't be serious.

You're just trolling us, right?

No one is this dumb.

Archived