LegacyGT.com

In praise of cruise controls

I never thought one of the features I would miss from my Legacy is the cruise control stalk. After driving a VW GTI and Mazda CX-5 for a while now, I find that the the dedicated control stalk in our Legacy is just more intuitive.

VW has its controls on the turn signal stalk and the Mazda has it on the steering wheel. Both require more attention to manipulate. With the Legacy, it is simple to cancel if traffic slows by pulling on the stalk (no looking and hunting for the button) and the other functions are equally simple and positive movements.

Wish I could graft that control to the other cars.

Yep I enjoy driving my 05 wagon on CC much more then driving my 09 Spec B.

I just like how I can rest my wrist on my right knee and flick the lever up/down.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I preferred the cruise controls on my 2010 GTI. Digital readout of the set speed you could increment/decrement one mph at a time. I think the little dial on an existing stalk is more intuitive than getting used to a 3rd stalk that isn't in all cars, but really it's not a big deal once you've done it once and committed to memory anyway.

Plus you got to enter the cool up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right code to set your tune heh.

I do like the cruise setup on my LGT but I have to say the wife's Cruze has a nice setup too. Buttons on the steering wheel are easy to figure out and the info display shows the set speed, which is great.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Archived