LegacyGT.com

Looking to buy a Legacy GT for a new daily

Moddiction

Well I test drove a 2008 Legacy GT 5 speed today. It felt pretty nice. I didn't have it in sport sharp mode until I noticed that and was no room on the test drive to stretch the legs out. Big difference I'd imagine? It felt quick but did feel a little sluggish in the mode I had it in when driving.

Anyways over all I really liked the car. Nice comfortable interior with the heated leather seats. Plenty of space and has rear seats which I have been since my S2000 does not have that obviously.

Is there anything in particular to look for? I looked for any oil leaks anywhere, body panels mis aligned, weird noises etc. I didn't hear much. It did sound like possibly a slight whir noise when on the highway but couldn't tell if they were the tires or something else.

It's a 2008 with 66k miles on it. 2 owner but always been serviced every 3-5k miles by a subaru dealership as per the carfax. No accidents or anything. Appears to have been completely stock but don't know for sure. Anything to check to see if any common parts were replaced or anything? The engine cover was not bolted down I noticed.

They are asking 15.5 for it from a chevy dealership.

From looking around the price seems pretty good. A bit more miles than I was hoping for though. Would you feel comfortable buying one with that high mileage?

I was nervous when I bought my S2000 with 65k miles. It now has 180K miles and been boosted at over 400whp since 125k miles so that has been insanely reliable even with adding boost and all.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

Yeah I was going to get that done. Local dealership wanted $400 or so to do a leakdown/compression and a once over. Would take a few hours as well they said. I think I will just look the car over best I can and then take it. Has a 6 month/6k mile warranty on it. I can check everything out before then I am sure.

Should be picking it up on Thursday as long as they are willing to negotiate the price down slightly.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

How does the pricing sound? 15.5k with the almost 67k miles 2008 gt 5 speed.

I am hoping to get them down to 15.5k out the door total. I checked Edmunds true market value and it shows for clean condition (1 under pristine) it had dealer retail at 14.6K. Not sure how accurate that usually is.

Going tomorrow to pick it up as long as they are willing to negotiate a little bit which they said they are.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Archived