LegacyGT.com

wagon reat exterior trim removal

I'm replacing the corroded rear handle on my wagon (New England). It looks like the handle come out toward the exterior but there is that full length plastic trim piece in the way. So, i've uplugged the lights from that plastic and removed the interior trim to find ~ qty. 10 8mm studs for which I've removed the nuts. The dang plastic is still stuck on good all the way around the perimeter.

I suspect an adhesive was used. But, I searched this forum and someone circled the 8mm stud locations for removal but I didn't see the adhesive in the description.

Thought I'd ask around before I start a prying and potentially breaking parts in a downward spiral.

At the top of the very first forum is a sticky for "opposed forces" that's a part pictures for Subaru.

Look in there.

this may help too.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Max Capacity, that link to vacation pics is awesome!

I also tried to look at "opposed forces" but wasn't clear where to find it (newb). The first forumn is general forumn/news and rumors...and I didn't see it under the model specific forum.

BTW - I figured it out, it wasn't an adhesive problem. There were more fasteners behind the rear gate side panel (plastic) covers.

Archived