LegacyGT.com

Delete Cats, Resonator, add Glasspack?

JMLegacy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loHhEn4dMQI]2009 WRX - Custom Cat-Back - YouTube[/ame]

"Resonator deletion, glass-pack muffler in place of stock muffler. stock exhaust tip." - User who uploaded the video

I want my LGT to sound like this

Was thinking of removing the cat and resonator, adding the glasspack where resonator was, and removing the mufflers while keeping the tips.

has ANYONE done anything like this before?

by the way, how long do the glasspacks last?

there are vids on youtube with peeps with no mufflers or cats.... video is hard to hear because of quality degradation. dont glass packs get louder with age?... try it out and see, with the resonator deletion you may get a drone at fwy speeds

straight exhaust on our cars in the vids dont seem too loud in the vids but my friend has a 04 wrx no cats no mufflers and its super loud, like you can hear it a few blocks away

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Yours will never sound like that unless you switch to a single scroll turbo with un equal length headers

"Resonator deletion, glass-pack muffler in place of stock muffler. stock exhaust tip." - User who uploaded the video

I want my LGT to sound like this

Was thinking of removing the cat and resonator, adding the glasspack where resonator was, and removing the mufflers while keeping the tips.

has ANYONE done anything like this before?

by the way, how long do the glasspacks last?

you defintely got the boxer rumble there as certain rpms but i think that was just your dog howling in the background!!!! That sounds exactly like my legacy did when i first got it.

So im 99% certain you got ELH with the stock twinscroll turbo

why would i want to change to a more inefficient setup?:) The only benefit i can see of the UEL setup is the rumble. You cant run UEL with a twinscroll turbo Im running a vf36 setup currently. ELH are a better choice for the 2.0 jdm engines with the AVCS on intake and exhaust. changing to a larger twinscroll turbo at the end of the month to up the power some more!

Archived