LegacyGT.com

Wilwoods or STi Brembos For 4 corner BBK??

dvinke1

It seems there is a little bit of hate on Wilwoods, but couldn't really find any definitive/technical reasons as to why.

But I have eyes on both a Willwood F/R calipers/rotors, and STi F/R calipers/rotors for the same price (both kits used).

Opinions?

Wow, Thanks! Did not know that - at first I though at that price maybe it was just fronts with no rotors or something. But sh!#, right around $500!! (Edit: actually look more on rock auto, maybe you did just mean front calipers only, cuz I'm sure they wont take my stock LGT calipers as core will they?)

Happen to know which remans on Rock auot are better? There is Wagner, A1 Cardone, Centric, and Beck/Arnley...

Also, are all STi Brembos the same? 02-13?

The remans at Rock Auto are $250 each for front calipers only, and they are unpainted. You'll need lines, pads, rotors and paint, then all the same gear for the rears..

Regardless, I'm sure either setup would make you happy. And fwiw, unless you are tracking the car it's pretty much bling. Our LGT's are setup pretty nicely from the factory, except for the crappy look of the calipers. On stock calipers with a Grimmspeed MCB, stainless lines, good fluid & pads, and your LGT will stop very well.

I've got a few thousand miles and a track day on my wilwoods and they've been problem free so far. Correct the pistons do not have dust boots but they are stainless steel. I've just read that cleaning the pistons before pushing them back in the calipers during pad swaps is all thats needed to prevent issues with them getting stuck. Also truly if one does get stuck they only cost $150 bucks for each front calipers so its not so big of an issue.

Link please.

http://www.rockauto.com

Don't be fooled by the buy-in cost. You still need pads, rotors, hardware, lines, etc. Though, in truth, you can reuse the stock lines.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Link please.

http://www.rockauto.com/m/mobilecatalog.php?catalog=142&partnum=14247040

That's the front left, front right is the same PN but with a 39 at the end.

They do come loaded. That price is hard to beat. I see questionable used sets of front calipers only going for more than that. These are completely rebuilt... new pistons, new seals, and fully loaded with hardware.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

As far as I know, the brackets are only needed for the rear but i'd assume they do not come with them. My order is arriving within the hour so I will update as to whether they are actually painted. I would hope so since Rock Auto shows a picture of them gold.

I'll have to look later and see if they have the 08+ calipers too. I didn't get a chance to snag the calipers off my oB before selling it, and I'd like to upgrade the brakes on our Impreza if I'm going to drive it when we get back to the states.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

14247517 & 14247518 are the 04-07 rears.

Wow how have I not seen these, I'm tempted to replace my existing brembos with these nicer painted ones...

Can't find those PN's... the only rears I found were not centric remans, they seemed to be replacement slider calipers, not fixed Brembos.

Got a link?

edit: Spoke to Rock Auto and the part numbers you listed are correct, but they're out of stock.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Wilwoods are a better track option.

Brembos are a better street/daily option.

Been running my Wilwoods for a few years now. Rebuilt them once but probably didn't have to (just the slider was boogered from very dusty pads at the time). Very happy with them.

• 11 months later...

Archived