LegacyGT.com

Bay Area Install Day + BBQ

wpmarky

Hey everyone,

TLDR/BLUF- Who wants to get together to BBQ and work on cars?

Background: I'm planning on doing alot of maintenance and some minor installs to my new wagon in the next month or so. Since I moved to the city and no longer have my own garage, I will be asking my friend again to use their place that can fit 3-4 cars to be worked on at the same time and another 10 cars to park in their lot.

I'd like to invite anyone that needs help with their car for a new install, fixing old stuff, or just doing some maintenance. Or if you want to just hang out with some other LGT folks, that's kool too. If we finish early we could go for a chill drive somewhere.

Sorry no lift, no air tools, but there's lots of room. Last time we did this, there was about 6 LGT's doing anything from spark plugs, fixing suspension clunk, to some CEL troubleshooting.

Experience: I can do any LGT suspension, exhaust, drivetrain, turbo, or fueling install. I've also already worked on at least 8-10 norcal LGT's, so far I think all of their cars are running well =p. I've also done work on WRX/STI's, miatas, lexus, and my friend's Boxster, so if you have a non-subie that needs work just throw up what you're looking to get done.

Time and Loc:

Sunday March 31 - 9am-5pm

Campbell, ca 95008

Cost: Car labor will be free, and we will just split the tab for food & drinks.

Attendees: Just post here if you're interested, what you work you were looking to do, and what timeframe works for you.

Contra Costa Caravan

1. GTEASER

2. Cmt7410

3. UnderScr

South Bay Roll Call:

1. Roscoe22

2. LegAC_GT

3. TeriyakiBBS

4. chrispyvu

SF/North Bay

1. wpmarky

2. Diavolo

3. Heedz

Maybe

1) ScSpecB

2)WestCoast

3) KrazyKorean

4) arnold16890

5) 510Finn

Maybe not

1) Chris GTO TT

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha, sounds like everyone's done modding their cars. We could make it a detail day instead, or go somewhere more chill and hang out.

I like the idea of a Detail Day and then once our cars are all super clean we can take a big group picture.

I haz a nice camera.

Great to see lots of new and old folks interested in meeting up, surprised to see now one has parts waiting to go in haha. If we just wanna hang out, that opens up the options to anywhere with a big parking lot, preferably a park where we can BBQ, have a beer, and throw a football around or something.

Possible locations for now, open to other options:

Install Day: my friend's ranch houe is in Fremont. Lots of cruising roads nearby.

Detail Day: at my old condo in San Jose, lots of shade all day, 2 hoses

BBQ & Photoshoot: I can volunteer my apt in SF in SOMA, lots of photo ops up here.

Drive day: If we are feeling adventurous, we can go to HMB or Santa Cruz.

Timeframe: Let's shoot for March, does that work?

Interest List:

1) wpmarky

2) ScSpecB

3)WestCoast

4) Diavolo

5) Chris GTO TT

6) KrazyKorean

7) Heedz

8) arnold16890

9) 510Finn

10) UnderScr

Scr: of course.

Diavolo: which bushings, the ones on top, or the bottom front/rears? Either way, yep can help with that. Got an STS yet? I love the drivetrain bushings, made the car more fun to shift and drive.

Scr: of course.

Diavolo: which bushings, the ones on top, or the bottom front/rears? Either way, yep can help with that. Got an STS yet? I love the drivetrain bushings, made the car more fun to shift and drive.

ya know what,.. its been so long, i dont even know which ones i bought.

i should probably find that box theyre in haha.

If its about 10 of us. We can BBQ at my place in HMB as long as my parents are not having any guests over. So then we can do a drive then come out back here.

I took my legacy apart way too many times. Anyone need stereo help? I'm decent with that. I was part of Mark's spec b a year ago.

If any of you 05 MT's want me ecu all you need to do it calibrate the Immobilizer at the dealership and viola EQ base map stage 2 :) and a spare ECU to sell back to the community for a bricked fellow.

Plus from that list I know 7 outta of the group already.

Ill probably have some spark plugs to change at that time.

I'm fresh meat but if you got room for LGT noob just wanting to chill out and to get some advice before investing in mods, I'll be more than happy to tag along. :)

I might need a little help installing some Infinity Kappas too since I've tried 10 million different brackets and no luck. I'm just going to modify the ones they come with. :p

Archived