LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles w/ stage ii tune.

I am curious to see how long everyone has been running a Stage II and what is there current ODO reading.

STATS:

STAGE II @ 116,000

CURRENT READING: 118,430

Had the manifold hose blow off shorty after I received tune, problem free from there.

ibHAMMERDOWN

Nope, but I bet I have the highest mileage original VF-40;):cool:

Well, if you're curious I've drifted past 231,000 miles. :)

-Clif

Sorry - out driving...

It's been stage 2 basically since rolling off the showroom floor. Tuned by Keith at AWDTuning.com.

Struts are stock. Swaybars and springs are Cobb.

Brakes have vented cooling added. I used to overheat the OEM ones on the track. I'm running ATE Super Blue, SS lines, Hawk HPS and HP+ pads

I've added the Aux input board and have an iPhone mount setup in one of the interior vents.

4-point Schroth belts for the front two seats for track days or fun days. I've had days where I'll be spending north of 200 miles on scenic or similar state highways in hilly areas. Strapping in helps. :)

Retrofitted the trunk to haul things without getting tossed around.

Damage along the way:

Driver side completely repainted and replaced rear door after a neighbor backed into it a couple years ago.

Passenger side completely repainted and replaced front door after a semi drifted into me and gave me a car-length long scrape.

Fifth gear broke in half about 10 months after a freak incident where I jumped if off a road onto an unfinished road 12" lower. I had the transmission looked at and replaced all the seals as well as the shaft with second gear. Otherwise, it looked good. (There's a long story involved there)

I had the turbo replaced under the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty around 95,000. It wasn't leaking oil badly, but I pushed to get it replaced and make my warranty worth it.

Replaced front 02 sensor about six months ago.

Replaced passenger rear wheel bearing a few months back.

I vigorously maintain the car.

Hawk HP+ pads - lasted 120,000 miles

ACT HDSS clutch and lightened flywheel - lasted 145,000 miles

Tires, swap out ever year if I'm lucky.

5W-30 dino oil, changed every 7,500 miles.

I don't track the car much any more. I race a 87 300ZX turbo in Chump. After doing that, being in a street car on a track isn't quite as fun. My goal is to put enough miles on my car to find a way to value it at $500 and then build a race car out of it. Tentatively, I'm shooting for 500,000 miles. That has a nice ring to it. I should hit that in about six years. :)

-Clif

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Had the manifold hose blow off shorty after I received tune, problem free from there.

Just wanted to say I had this happen too. Twice in two weeks following the tune, but no troubles since then.

I'm at 36k miles. 4k at Stage 2. I'll be Stage 3 next week, with luck... :cool:

Tits mcgee

Yeah - well over 200,000 since going stage 2. I'm around 233,000, maybe 234,000. Burned up around 450 miles today so I don't recall exactly where I am at the moment. I bought my 06 spec. B with 24,000 miles and immediately went Stage 2. I knew the original owner, he pretty much went Stage 2 off the showroom floor when he bought the car. Probably 225,000 are Stage 2 miles.

-Clif

• Mega Users
Yeah - well over 200,000 since going stage 2. I'm around 233,000, maybe 234,000. Burned up around 450 miles today so I don't recall exactly where I am at the moment. I bought my 06 spec. B with 24,000 miles and immediately went Stage 2. I knew the original owner, he pretty much went Stage 2 off the showroom floor when he bought the car. Probably 225,000 are Stage 2 miles.

-Clif

/threadclose

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

231legacy.jpg

The spec. B out in central Texas a couple weeks ago.

legacy2.jpg

A couple years ago at MSR Cresson snacking on Mazdas.

legacy3.jpg

Last summer when I drove a canoe I designed and build across four states to go fishing in the ozarks.

legacy4.jpg

A little hunting - the bird actually survived.

legacy5.jpg

At a SCCA Rally I was the rallymaster at.

zeeguys1.jpg

This is my "fun" car. That's me racing in the Chump series on the 24-hours of Daytona configuration of the Daytona International Speedway at night in the rain. That was kind of a bucket-list moment for me.

-Clif

Archived