LegacyGT.com

Hi guys, slight problem that's started on my 07 3.0 - Occasionally when I start the car the aircon doesn't blow cold, if I stop and restart the car it works (usually on the first go but sometimes needs a couple of goes). Once running it's nice and cold for as long as the journey takes so I don't see any problem with the condenser/compressor etc.

Could it be an issue with a switch in the ignition system? I suspect this as another very minor issue is if I don't push the ignition key right in (but far enough to start the car) then the clock and aircon display is blank. Without stopping the car if I just push the key in the displays light up, not a big issue so havnt been too bothered by it.

Any help appreciated as the fault is very slowly becoming more common.

Wow could be anything really... The ignition issue is intriguing but if the ac control unit is functional and it still does not work then it would point to other issues like...

- faulty relay - sticking

- Ac clutch is not engaging

- Pressure is to low in the ac system - triggers a low pressure switch and the ac will not work. This could be likely since you have to give it a few (goes) as the engine would warm up by then - pressure would increase and then system would work. Check or have the charge on the system checked along with the other goodies.

Wow could be anything really... The ignition issue is intriguing but if the ac control unit is functional and it still does not work then it would point to other issues like...

- faulty relay - sticking

- Ac clutch is not engaging

- Pressure is to low in the ac system - triggers a low pressure switch and the ac will not work. This could be likely since you have to give it a few (goes) as the engine would warm up by then - pressure would increase and then system would work. Check or have the charge on the system checked along with the other goodies.

Thanks, I'll plough through the list! Much appreciated :)

• 1 year later...

Well as you can see from the time thats gone by I lived with the problem for a long time before getting it finally resolved, took it in last week and they replaced the microfilter, expansion valve, drier, various hoses, new freon etc and all nice and icy now again.

One thing that surprised me, they said they had to remove the dashboard for "general cleaning and leak test" - does that sound right? Just a little annoyed as I am sure I'm not imagining the engine noise is a little more prominent now than it was before in which case I assume they may have missed some soundproofing or bulkhead seal re-attachment..

Archived