LegacyGT.com

05-09 Legacy Wagon Crossbars

Blue Fox

This information may be in another thread somewhere, but I could not find it, so here's my contribution to help anyone else in the same situation:

Long story short, didn't realize that swapping my factory roof rails on my Outback to the slimmer, flush mounted Legacy wagon roof rails would end up being such a pain to find crossbars for. Subaru doesn't make OEM cross bars for the Legacy wagons anymore. Thule and Yakima no longer make their versions either.

Factory crossbars for the 4th generation wagons (as some of you know) were made by a company called Mont Blanc and looked like aftermarket crossbars, but with a "Subaru, by Mont Blanc" logo imprinted onto them as in the pictures attached.

Since it has been some time since the OEM crossbars have been offered, it seems impossible to find them new or used anywhere. Subaru OEM part number is E361EAG300 or also listed as PT210104 CROSSBAR KIT. I scoured the forums looking for any information about who still made cross bars for this car as I did not want to resort back to re-installing the Outback rails. This is also how I discovered that Thule and Yakima no longer have an offering.

I did a ton more research, and came across a company called "Perrycraft" out of North Carolina, the only US importer of Mont Blanc in the United States (at least, according to the Mont Blanc website). I gave a ring to PerryCraft and asked them about compatible rails, and they had one.

Mont Blanc MB3747-B-02 Black 47" Gripper Load Bar Set

He sent me some information about these bars, and to be honest, I believe "upon looking at them" that they are exactly the same OEM bars that were originally offered by Subaru. Same design, same clamp, etc (as in the pics below).

Much to my surprise, PerryCraft mentioned that they have them available on Amazon, and they ran me around $280 for the set complete with locks. They are due to arrive tomorrow evening, and can report in if they fit properly to the flush Legacy roof rails. Hopefully this post helps out anyone else needing to find OEM (without the Subaru Logo) crossbars for the Legacy Wagons.

leggyOEMcrossbar.thumb.png.e30ca1cac82823e36c6167cf20eaba3b.png

MontBlancCrossbar.thumb.png.b02ad92501853e9fe378fdda0b228ade.png

Mont Blanc MB3747-B-02 Black 47" Gripper Load Bar Set (Factory Installed, Flush Mount Rail Includes Two Bar Sets) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003SQKVN4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_yXtXzb8DYM7DC

Yeup. Amazon sells them on behalf of PerryCraft who is the only US importer of Mont Blanc. Excellent customer service from PerryCraft as well.

Archived