LegacyGT.com

Engine Cover, Intake Screws

Does anybody know where I can find the little plastic screws that fasten the engine cover on and the intake? I'm missing half of mine.

I just can't find them anywhere. Also, how important is that engine cover?

Thanks!

My engine cover has been removed since early July 2004 a week or so after I bought the car the 2005. A buddy and I took the cover to look at the engine, dropped one of those useless fasteners and just left the thing off.

Let's see that was how many years ago...

Now the intake scoop lets see, I can't remember when the last time they were there. It has just been sitting in there for at least 2-3 years with out and clips.

Makes it real easy to check the air filter.

IMO don't worry about it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Go to your lock parts store such as autozone or napa and look for a similar sized screw-in fastener. They are usually in little plastic boxes with orange labels. it'll probably cost you $4 or $5. You can probably be just fine without the fasteners in there but I just don't like having things unsecured under the hood. Nothing will probably ever happen but you never know...

2012 Xterra Pro-4X

2003 Outback Sedan Limited

D.U.S.T.O.F.F.

"Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces"

Archived