LegacyGT.com

STI at pedals w/ dead pedal

RoundBoy

The STi dead pedal is designed for right hand drive cars. Its about 2/3rds the size of the existing dead pedal. So basically there isn't one that will look good with the rest of the STi pedal set. One of the first things I did was take mine off and trade them for a set of WRX pedals with a matching dead pedal that is a direct replacement for the existing rubber one. You can do a search for 'STi Dead Pedal' here and you'll get several threads with pictures.

Ebay pedals don't suck by nature... There are just some cheap ones out there. Ebay isn't a brand name so you can't really say that ebay pedals suck. If you happen to score a set of WRX pedals on ebay then I would say that you just got yourself a deal.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I understand... but... if pedals are usually gotten at $x and ebay sells similar pedals for 1/4(x) .. then I get suspicious of the quality.

So.. basically.. if I want 3 pedals (Fun / Stop / Dead) I need to source some wrx pedals.. which REPLACE the rubber ones, rather then fit over existing rubber pedals ?

Any idea what they *should* run ?

Are you looking for automatic or manual pedals? Its a bit tougher to source out nice automatic pedals. Someone found some good ones on ebay for an auto that look just like WRX pedals. There is a thread somewhere...

I honestly don't know what a 'should cost' price would be for pedals that you like. I know that OBX pedals have the look that I like and you can usually find a nice looking set of those for less than $40 bucks. It just depends on what style you are looking for.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Yep.. looking for a/t pedals. its hard to grab links for them...

I found an old thread that is relevent... i didn't see it the first time i searched through... the good tidbit of info was :

#36024FA000 <--Gas/Clutch pedal (number is for one pedal, so buy two, clutch/brake is identical)

#36024FA010 <--Accel Pedal

part numbers for wrx pedals. Here is the kicker... will the M/T brake pedal fit on a A/T ? whats the difference? Just shorter ?

narrower. The brake pedal on the MT is a square and the one on an auto is a rectangle. There is no way that a MT brake pedal will fit on an auto. The pedal on the brake and the clutch are the same size.

OCDETAILS BLOG

The pedal and the 'arm' that it is attached to is pretty much solid. Pedals that you have right now are just plastic pads attached to a metal plate. That plate isn't removable. Any pedal set that you get will either slide over the plate like the WRX pedals, or it will clamp onto the plate from underneath like most other universal pedals. Putting manual pedals on an automatic just isn't an option on the Legacy.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Sorta... There is a funny shaped pedal that is designed to fit on the hump of RHD cars and it doesn't really work on ours. Its way shorter than the stock pedal and looks really bad. I was hoping somebody would make a long piece just like the factory dead pedal and put the pink dots on it to match, but to my knowledge nobody has. Just the Aerospeed WRX dead pedal. That's why I changed the rest of my pedals to match.

Do a search for 'STi Dead Pedal' and you'll find lots of pictures of the piece. You can buy it, it just won't fit or look very good.

OCDETAILS BLOG

.... and back to the beginning. This time i know what i am asking.

Link to buy wrx style pedals for A/T .. or what 'brand' is selling on ebay? I would rather replace then clamp metal pads over my existing pedals.

.... and back to the beginning. This time i know what i am asking.

Link to buy wrx style pedals for A/T .. or what 'brand' is selling on ebay? I would rather replace then clamp metal pads over my existing pedals.

Well your gas pedal is going to go over the exiting pedal either way.. its kind of an integrated unit.. and even as far as the STI pedals screw onto the exiting pedals, you just remove the rubber cover..

I would just go with the official subaru one.. the way it connects to the gas pedal it uses a rod to ensure it will stay and the way it screws onto the pedals they arent going anywhere

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

so.. are the 'official subaru ones' the wrx pedals for A/T ? i thought it was mentioned that wrx m/t gets metal... a/t gets rubber... so there are no 'true' metal wrx pedals for a/t

so.. i need a knock off. or STI pedals, and so far a ill fitting or unmatching dead pedal

so.. are the 'official subaru ones' the wrx pedals for A/T ? i thought it was mentioned that wrx m/t gets metal... a/t gets rubber... so there are no 'true' metal wrx pedals for a/t

so.. i need a knock off. or STI pedals, and so far a ill fitting or unmatching dead pedal

the 4EAT WRX gets plain crappy plastic pedals.

your choices are:

1. $90 factory STi pink pedals and no dead pedal (or a poor fitting RHD one)

2. $30 ebay "STi" pedals and an aftermarket (Scoobymods, etc.) dead pedal

3. finding a way to get the auto pedals from a JDM spec B, and an aftermarket dead pedal

i like my fake ones - they look better, IMHO, and are teh cheapAr. :D

You will be able to order the an actual Subaru dead pedal that will come on the '06 Spec B. This dead pedal will match the WRX pedals perfectly and fit the Legacy dead pedal position. Just wait a few months for the parts departments to get access to ordering the part.

You will be able to order the an actual Subaru dead pedal that will come on the '06 Spec B. This dead pedal will match the WRX pedals perfectly and fit the Legacy dead pedal position. Just wait a few months for the parts departments to get access to ordering the part.

how do you know the '06 Spec B comes with a matching "WRX-style" dead pedal?

the WRX and STi don't, which is the reason for all the aftermarket ones.

Ok, I apologize - I am not 100% certain. The pictures of the Spec-B that have been posted, one pic has shot of a dead pedal that matches the WRX pedals. Not to say this is going to change but I have a feeling that is the production version of the Spec-B, since the 06's start shipping this month.

Here is the picture I am refering to:

http://home.earthlink.net/~opiewho1/Spy2.jpg

Ok, I apologize - I am not 100% certain. The pictures of the Spec-B that have been posted, one pic has shot of a dead pedal that matches the WRX pedals. Not to say this is going to change but I have a feeling that is the production version of the Spec-B, since the 06's start shipping this month.

Here is the picture I am refering to: .....

that's interesting - i didn't notice the dead pedal when i saw those pics. i assume the Spec B won't be offered with a 5EAT? if it is, will they put the aluminum pedals on, or not. :confused:

depending on how much Subaru will charge for it, it still might be cheaper to get an aftermarket one.

here are the pedals i got:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Landshark/27577.jpg

i put some thick black rubber insulating tape behind the holes to match the dead pedal.

also, all 4 clips will not work on the gas pedal - they just won't fit around it. you can use two of the clips on the top or bottom, and drill 2 small holes in either the top or bottom of the stock plastic pedal to secure the other 2 bolts. no problems using all 4 brake pedal clips.

That is a good question on whether there will be 5EAT in the Spec-B. I don't see why not. Truthfully, I think it is very likely that they will offer the B in an auto w/ the JDM Auto pedals, included. Maybe someone with dealership ordering connections can tell us if the Spec-B will be available in an auto. Sounds like a good new thread topic.

The WRX pedals can be purchased individually at around $15 each for the brake, clutch and accelerator. The reason the pedal package is so high for the WRX w/dead pedal set; is because Autospeed charges $50 for the dead pedal they make. I don't see paying more for the set in the Spec-B. I actually think that the Spec-B set will price out to be $30-$40 cheaper then the Mastro WRX w/ Autospeed dead pedal set. And truthfully I would rather have the Spec-B dead pedal because it is an exact match to the other pedals.

Let us know what you find out on the auto in the Spec-B.

Here is the picture I am refering to:

http://home.earthlink.net/~opiewho1/Spy2.jpg

This doesnt help me.. i have the pinky pedals.. i suppose if took my pink inserts out it would match..

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Archived