LegacyGT.com

Input on what mods are next?

Need some help on what mods should come next for my 05 LGT. It had the following mods done when I bought the car last month. Wondering what turbo might be best for the set up also?

-Stage 1 Shortblock setup

-Wiseco pistons

-Manley H-Beam Rods

-ARP head studs

-Killer B pickup/tray

-ACL Race Main/Rod Bearings

-OE Gasket Kit

-OE 11mm oil pump

-Machine Shop - Bottom end, clean, bore and hone, deck and blueprint

-Machine Shop - Balance bottom end, pulley to clutch cover

-Machine Shop - Heads, 5 angle valve job, clean, set valve clearance, install new seals

-Machine Shop - Resurface flywheel, clean/chamfer/polish crank

-ACT clutch kit - SB5HDMM

-Inlet Hose 2.4" spigot 08+ WRX 05+LGT black

-High Performance Timing

-Side feed 500cc injectors

-light ecu tune

Thanks for the Help

Exhaust as in downpipe or just catback?

-fuel pump

-vf-52

-opensource tune

-grimspeed 3port EBCS

-suspension work (bushings, sway bars, endlinks, brake pads)

torque impresses girrls, hp impresses flat-bills

Need some help on what mods should come next for my 05 LGT. It had the following mods done when I bought the car last month. Wondering what turbo might be best for the set up also?

-Stage 1 Shortblock setup

-Wiseco pistons

-Manley H-Beam Rods

-ARP head studs

-Killer B pickup/tray

-ACL Race Main/Rod Bearings

-OE Gasket Kit

-OE 11mm oil pump

-Machine Shop - Bottom end, clean, bore and hone, deck and blueprint

-Machine Shop - Balance bottom end, pulley to clutch cover

-Machine Shop - Heads, 5 angle valve job, clean, set valve clearance, install new seals

-Machine Shop - Resurface flywheel, clean/chamfer/polish crank

-ACT clutch kit - SB5HDMM

-Inlet Hose 2.4" spigot 08+ WRX 05+LGT black

-High Performance Timing

-Side feed 500cc injectors

-light ecu tune

Thanks for the Help

That's quite a bit of work on the engine there....what turbo does it currently have? Do you know what numbers your car is pushing?

Most people here would be running at least some form of 20G turbo (or similar / bigger) with those sorts of mods and be making at least 350 WHP.

Also, is this car for DD duty? Auto-X? HPDE?

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

IMO at least a 20g if not something a little bigger.

Talk to the Tuner who will tune the car. That's the best info you'll get.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Exhaust as in downpipe or just catback?

-fuel pump

-vf-52

-opensource tune

-grimspeed 3port EBCS

+1

Anything bigger than a VF52 and you'll probably need larger injectors and definitely a fuel pump.

Downpipes are super easy to install, but you'll need a tune ready to go for it once it's on or drive it gently to the tuner once it is on.

EDIT: 05's also had the catted uppipe. If that's still stock, might want to consider replacing it with a catless one.

Im thinking a vf-52, dont want to go too crazy here. My 500cc injectors would be fine with it or would you guys rec going up to 750's? Also, whats a decent price for a vf-52 these days? What $$$ am I looking at for pump,turbo, up/down pipe?

Havent had it to the dyno yet, so the vf-52 isnt that much of an upgrade? Shit I might as well just go for a 20g if im putting the money into it.

Vf52 will be 500-800 used and you can get a brand new 20g for a little more than that. You will definitely need fuel pump and injectors with that though. And the GS EBCS to control boost as well. I would also highly recommend an EWG set up and a catted downpipe to control boost creep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6

Strizzy, thanks for the info. Those mods look amazing but are a bit out of my price range for everything now haha. If I run a catless up/downpipe wont it throw a CEL? How can I get ride of that? Sorry for all the questions, im a mod newbie but have just gotten the turbo bug.... Cant get enough of it!

Strizzy, thanks for the info. Those mods look amazing but are a bit out of my price range for everything now haha. If I run a catless up/downpipe wont it throw a CEL? How can I get ride of that? Sorry for all the questions, im a mod newbie but have just gotten the turbo bug.... Cant get enough of it!

You will need a tune with a downpipe. Use catted it will help with boost creep.

I think you guys have talked me into a 20g.... Any recs on good midrange fuel pumps? Not looking to break the bank

The only two everyone in this community uses are DW and Walbro. I would go with the Walbro 255

If I run a catless up/downpipe wont it throw a CEL? How can I get ride of that? Sorry for all the questions,

That's what tunes are for. This can't be stressed enough so I'll put it in big bold font.

Don't buy or bolt-on anything to your engine until you've talked to a tuner first. Using any additional aftermarket parts without the proper tune can damage your engine. Want a bigger turbo? Need a tune for that. 3" downpipe? That's a tuning. FMIC and BOV? Better believe that's a tuning. Kapish?

Window shopping is fun, but exercise caution. Even a simple downpipe without a tune can throw a CEL, and that's one of the first bolt-on parts recommended by this community.

All these questions have been asked and answered before, but you will still find here. Feel free to search around and be a sponge for the first few weeks before doing anything rash. You've only had the car for a month. Take the time to learn it inside and out and I guarantee you'll be happier for it :)

For instance, you say it has an intake. Typically these cars don't require aftermarket intakes (hint: it needs a tune!), as the stock is proven reliable up to around 300whp.

Your location says Seattle. Do some perusing in the left-coast sub forum and see what Tuners are recommended in your area.

That's what tunes are for. This can't be stressed enough so I'll put it in big bold font.

Don't buy or bolt-on anything to your engine until you've talked to a tuner first. Using any additional aftermarket parts without the proper tune can damage your engine. Want a bigger turbo? Need a tune for that. 3" downpipe? That's a tuning. FMIC and BOV? Better believe that's a tuning. Kapish?

Window shopping is fun, but exercise caution. Even a simple downpipe without a tune can throw a CEL, and that's one of the first bolt-on parts recommended by this community.

All these questions have been asked and answered before, but you will still find here. Feel free to search around and be a sponge for the first few weeks before doing anything rash. You've only had the car for a month. Take the time to learn it inside and out and I guarantee you'll be happier for it :)

For instance, you say it has an intake. Typically these cars don't require aftermarket intakes (hint: it needs a tune!), as the stock is proven reliable up to around 300whp.

Your location says Seattle. Do some perusing in the left-coast sub forum and see what Tuners are recommended in your area.

+5

Archived