LegacyGT.com

Anyone out on long island willing to help a fellow lgter out?

Came down from CT to visit my in laws.. made it three hours through the snow and shitty drivers only to pull on to their street and hit a curb at 10mph sideways.. just enough to bend my front right inner tie rod. Normallly this would be no big deal as I could just bring it to my shop and do it no problem.

However, on long island with limited tools, it would appear that I am now fucked. Anyone have an inner tie rod tool and a couple hours tomorrow?

We are in east northport and I would rather not pay some asshole $120 an hour to throw it in.

Straighten your alignment yourself if the rod isnt TOO bad. It's easy to get it pretty close, you just need some tape and a tape measure.

Otherwise, just find the closest Sears.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Ha! I just realized I'm totally fucked.. my wheel lock is on my tool box at my shop. Ffffffuuuuuuuu

You should know how to get a wheel lock off without a key...

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

With a welder and some nuts.. I bought the hardest ones to take off for a reason. Ive spent a bit of time removing wheel locks, but never in my inlaws driveway with limited tools. And you cant fit a standard socket in the lug hole on the wheels. .

Straighten your alignment yourself if the rod isnt TOO bad. It's easy to get it pretty close, you just need some tape and a tape measure.

Otherwise, just find the closest Sears.

I would have prefered to replace it. I like to do things right once. Ill improvise if I have too.

Well.. after driving to three different shops, I managed to find one that would attempt to put my car on the alignment rack (because of the ride height)..

Looks like I'm going to be able to get home with this tie rod after all. Maybe. Sitting in the waiting room of the seediest meineke ever.

Well.. I have a shitty vibration but the car tracks relatively straight. Looks like some wheel weights got knocked loose.

Gonna have to replace both inner tie rod ends and rebalance my wheel but could be worse.

Wont be relieved till I get it back to my shop though.

Archived