LegacyGT.com

New stereo installed, now car alarm acting funny

benzallroad

I just had a new head unit, speakers and amp installed in my '05 2.5i wagon as well as Dynamat installed on all the doors. Now when I lock the car and the security system arms the red "security" light starts flashing rapidly on the dash and after a couple minutes the alarm goes off. The only way to keep the alarm from going off is to unlock the drivers door with the key fob and then lock it again by hand. I plan on taking it back to the installer but any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

The "Security" light flashing rapidly for a couple of minutes is normal. The alarm going off isn't :p

Sounds like they've missed something in the door, lock switch perhaps.

The door sensor is in the body of the car and shouldn't have been touched for the work described.

Well I took it back and after some research we determined that since the battery was out for more than a day, the power was fully drained from the car and when it was hooked back up it was looking for a signal from a hood switch that didn't exist. So after a call to the local subaru shop we figured out how to set it back to how it was. Everything works fine now and the new stereo sounds great. Now I just need to figure out if I should put two 10s in the back or two 12s... :)

Archived