LegacyGT.com

Leather(pleather) upholstery marks

This past weekend while washing and cleaning my '11 GT I noticed scratch marks starting to show along the edges of my front seats. I don't think the material in question is actually leather (pleather?) so tried going over them with Meguiar's 40 vinyl cleaner but nothing happened except making the surface a little slicker. That's not exactly what I want. Background: this car spends most of its life in the garage. It's a year old with 4000 miles. It's totally babied. I wear cotton cargo shorts and a t shirt so it's not like any major abrasiveness is happening. I weigh 165. What can I do to restore the dark charcoal interior back to near new? Thanks for any suggestions.

IMG_0001.thumb.JPG.f174e109c99a43a482f9d814c8fa6c5f.JPG

Some warm water and a tooth brush may do the trick. Sometimes wiping it down doesn't do enough. Mix a little soap in the water if the water isn't enough, but I'd wager it just needs a little scrubbing and it will come out fine. You may even want to just use the #40 and the tooth brush. That will probably work too. The tooth brush is really the secret weapon on this kind of thing. You need a new one anyway, right? ;)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived