LegacyGT.com

DP Identification

Brian55

Later today if I remember I can measure the one I have in the shed. Its for a manual. The support bracket is the only difference.

From the passenger side of the DP, I measured from the "front of the car side of the flange at the mid pipe" to the front of the car side of the support bracket, 20".

It's a pretty straight shot when standing above it looking down. I put the turbo end on my work bench so it sits like its in the car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Later today if I remember I can measure the one I have in the shed. Its for a manual. The support bracket is the only difference.

From the passenger side of the DP, I measured from the "front of the car side of the flange at the mid pipe" to the front of the car side of the support bracket, 20".

It's a pretty straight shot when standing above it looking down. I put the turbo end on my work bench so it sits like its in the car.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out. I just went out and measured the pipe the same way and came up with 20.25".

Just to clarify, is this the measurement for an a/t or m/t?

MT, in fact I didn't even bolt the hanger to the DP. I had a hard time getting the bolt to thread into the nut on the bracket. My wagon has not used that bracket. Its my DD over 20,000 miles a year, no issues.

This DP went into my Spec B. Both are Invidia DP's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I think you can put a mt on a 5eat but not the other way around. or is it the other way, the 5eat is bigger.

Ask "m sprank" he would know.

Do any of the vendors have pictures of each...

Interested on this too. Trying to find a cheap DP, found one but it's for MT.

That's where I'm at now as well. Now that we've established that the pipe I have is for m/t. I'm curious whether or not I can make it work on a 5eat that we're considering buying for the wife.

I have previously posted pix of MT and 5EAT OEM and aftermarket down pipes side by side. A 5EAT pipe will "fit" a MT, but not the other way around. The hanger is in a different location and the pipes are bent slightly differently for clearance around the trans. I do not recommend using the incorrect pipe as it puts undue stress on the hotside of the turbo (weight of exhaust hanging from turbo).

Archived