LegacyGT.com

Rear end clicking

Ok so today my rear end started clicking and it only seems to do it in a wide sweeping right turn. Is always clicked under acceleration but I've read that was due to the diff bushings so I wasn't worried. I read on here to replace end links and I have but still continues to have a loud clicking and although there are post of speculation on what's wrong and people saying they are replacing the u joint There still hasn't been anyone who said WHAT actually fixed the problem. HELP!:confused:

i have a similar issue, but mine only occurs on left and right hand turns from a stop. sounds more like a crunch like an end link. I'm not sure what to make of yours.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Put someone in the back seat and drive the car, you can hear a lot from back there.

Clicking during a turn is normally a CV joint.

Clunking going over bumps or cracks in the driveway is normally end links.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well I replaced the end links and it continues, I'm taking the car in to have them change the rear diff fluid I'm hoping the valvalene I put in wasn't good and the Subaru brand diff fluid will correct the problem, all else fails get a new diff, I'm buying a new car piece by piece lol

I did notice I couldn't move it from left to right when under the car but I would assume like someone else said it must be a cv because its more of a rotating click like as the car gets faster not as it sways left to right and only on a right hand turn like ( click click click click) faster and faster

Having to hear the noises coming from the chassis on my Legacy, I kinda do miss the quietness of my Accord. But then again, I'll just have to crank up the Audio and enjoy the leather seats. LOL. :p

Please keep us updated.

^No, mind has something to do with creaking noise when hitting a bump on the road. It doesn't happen all the time though, it has to be a particular kind of bump to make it happen. It unnerves me everything I hear that sound, but, I'm not too sure where it came from. I certainly hope it's not the strut. It could be the rear end links, but, my mechanic didn't notice a play on it.

It could also be the mechanism of the rear seats. Who knows.

^I hope my bearings are okay. I was having issue with my AC blower motor and if I turn on the heater at lowest fan speed, you would think that my car has a rear wheel bearing issue. The blower was making this whirring noise indicative of bearing problem. I replaced it with new blower and it's now quite like church mouse.

Good thing though, I still don't hear whirring/grawl noise coming from the rear of the car. I hope it won't for the next 4 years. lol.

Bearing will make a howl while taking a curve at speed, then get some what less noisy as the car goes straight.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived