LegacyGT.com

Buying Tires - TireRack, Costco, Sam's Club in Chicago

amp583

I'm in need of new tires. Traditionally I order off TireRack and have them shipped to local guy who installs, balances, etc for around $60 total.

I've never gotten TR's road hazard and get a patch almost every 4-5 mo on a tire. Chicago roads are notorious and so are the prices we pay in the city.

This time around I want to explore a diff route....

A) Friends told me Costco is great because of the extended warranty and service, however from tons of posts on this forum and others, seems like they wont install 225/40/18 on an LGT Non-stock rim. Anyone know if its a matter of finding the right guy? The tire selection isn't the best right now...Bridgestone Bridgestone - Potenza RE760 Sport...

B) I was also considering Sam's Club. Better tire selection, still not as great as TireRack. Basically everything is ~$20 more a tire. Do they have better services and warranties? Will they install on a non-stock rim?

C) Good old tire rack to my local guy and bite the costs of servicing and patches.

Please sound in if you have thoughts or experiences on this business.

thanks guys!

I buy about 3 sets of tires every year. Tire rack and a reasonable local installer has been the best bet.

I also live near the tr distribution cent.

I also have a wholesale account.

So there is that.

We've been buying from discount tire for a while down here (looks like it's up there, too) - decent selection, and prices are pretty competitive with tire rack (plus you don't pay shipping). they also fix flats for free, have free prorated road hazard replacement, and if you aren't good about regularly rotating/balancing, they take care of that, too.

Second vote for Discount Tire. Bought 3 sets of tires from them so far. The one out in Naperville does a pretty good job. The one in Mount Prospect put some clamp on weights on a nice set of wheels. Pissed me off, but at least it was on the inside lip.

I went with DiscountTire. A little farther away but I ended up getting the $20/tire certificates for future fixes or replacements. They even reimburse you if you buy a tire outright from another source. Thanks for the feedback all.

Sent from my iPhone

Archived