LegacyGT.com

Smoke when boosting

No mods it looks like blue smoke I'm losing oil and but no noises from the turbo it's boosting fine no loss of power and its almost impossible to duplicate on purpose. It doesn't smoke all the time. I posted a while back because of a p0011 code but that was taken care of and I brought it to Subaru to check the turbo and they said it was fine. The car runs with no problems.

Blue means oil, find the leak and check your oil daily. If its only when the turbo kicks in then id guess it could be an oil feed line to the turbo? Could be wrong though

Yea I know blue means oil but its not consistent. It doesn't happen every time I go into boost so if its an oil feed line wouldn't I experience smoke every time I went into boost.

Possibly, when I got smoke it was cause the valve covers by the camshaft was leaking, it wouldnt smoke when cold but as soon as the car warmed up it smoked when I boosted... just my experience, im by no means an expert

My guess would be the oil seal on the hot side. When you give it lots of boost you are feeding more oil and it WILL push past a bad seal. Drive with caution my friend, because when the seal goes you will really use the oil.
If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

• Mega Users
Here's what my buddy thinks. He said its probably the turbo seals because its running through way to much oil. About a quart every 150-200 miles.

Time for a new turbo. Don't roll the dice......

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Yea I've been dealing with it for about a month but everyone who looks at says there's nothing wrong but you don't get clouds of smoke from nothing being wrong and the worst part is I can't duplicate it when I have someone looking at it lol. I hope you get yours figured out.

• Mega Users
Yea same thing here. The turbo seals are leaking on my. I get no clouds but it just smells burn bad. I'm driving it around under boost right now. On borrowed time. :(

good luck!

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

So here's the update post. I was one five minute drive away for catastrophic failure so I took the time to make a short video for you guys. But I guess I can't post videos. I have so much shaft play I'm amazed that I didn't shave or break anything. Someone was watching out for me I guess.

You better drop the oil pan and check for metal. Make sure everything is squeaky clean when putting back together. I am hoping the best for you, but you might have more damage.
If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

Archived