LegacyGT.com

Armrest extension install problem

So I bought this nice extension but I'm stuck pretty much at the very start... I removed the cover above the cup holder, remove the only screw behind it and it stops there.

The console rear side won't bodge at all. I tried to find different instructions around but they all go through to these steps which seemed pretty much straight forward....

I tried to apply pressure every way around the rear side but no go...

help!?! :spin:

• I Donated Too
Only the screw holds it in place. You are simply not pulling with enough force... You can get a big screwdriver and put it under the edge - sitting in the back of the car the screwdriver would face towards you... just put it in and gently lift up on one side - POP! do the other side if necessary... POP! Done... you'll kick yourself when you see you're just wussing out! :) Good luck man!

Only the screw holds it in place. You are simply not pulling with enough force... You can get a big screwdriver and put it under the edge - sitting in the back of the car the screwdriver would face towards you... just put it in and gently lift up on one side - POP! do the other side if necessary... POP! Done... you'll kick yourself when you see you're just wussing out! :) Good luck man!

haha :)

I did apply force on it to pull it out also tried a trim removal tool around the edge... but I guess I'm really a wuss!

Will try again tomorrow in daylight

Thanks

Archived