LegacyGT.com

Muffler choice?

boostedsube

Just went to Stage 2. Looking for an alternative to replace my stock cans with something less restictive, great sound and without the police attention. Please post up some suggestions. I had Prodrives when I had stg 1 but sold them when I was looking to sell my car. Have since decided to keep it so I'm back in the market for a set.

I've considered replacing my stock cans also, and the ones I were considering were Magnaflows, Vibrants, and Borla (the XRpro or what ever they are called).

Same here. I've thought about getting a pair of Mangaflow or FlowMasters that match the size and just lopping off the stock ones and welding the new ones in.

I don't see much need to change out the 'Y' pipe unless you're going to a larger diameter......

Although, that MagnaFlow CBE for $512/shipped is a smokin' deal! :eek:

ive been trying to decide what cbe to buy ever since i went stg2. magnaflows sound great but are really loud. i videotaped a few standstill revs today of my stock cbe, and to be honest, w/ no cats, its loud enough. to me, it sounds great - i can hear the popping and the turbo whistle. so im gonna stay stock.

Steve (05legacygt) has stock CBE with no resonator and magnaflow cans. I have driven his car and it sounds GREAT...not too loud but mean and aggressive.

my car has magnaflow mufflers but im stage 2 with 3"-> 2.5" and its all drone :(

• 5 years later...
How easy is it to remove the resonators? And does your car have any resonators or cats at all, with that kind of drone ? I'm looking to do the same

You'll have to cut them out and weld in pipe. You'd be better off putting in a high flow resonator rather than just removing the stock one.

Interesting to find this thread as I have just started reading up on the same. I have a full SPT CBE that came with the wagon from the PO and I believe installed by the dealer. The SPT is nice, but for me I am going for a bit quieter and quad-tip exhaust. I think.

Interesting to find this thread as I have just started reading up on the same. I have a full SPT CBE that came with the wagon from the PO and I believe installed by the dealer. The SPT is nice, but for me I am going for a bit quieter and quad-tip exhaust. I think.

I don't think you can find quieter unless you just go to the OEM LGT exhaust and weld on quad tips.

I don't think you can find quieter unless you just go to the OEM LGT exhaust and weld on quad tips.

oh poop (insert Minion voice here). I have been considering sourcing an OEM, any idea what the diameter is at the Y pipe to the muffler's?

2.25" to the mufflers

I had the SPt v2 catback and it was pretty sweet but kinda loud on the freeway.

I know have a CNT downpipe, STOCK midpipe, connected to TurboXS mufflers and couldnt be happier. I have a vid on youtube somewhere

Archived