LegacyGT.com

Accessport & Open source Remote Tuning Available

Tuning Alliance

Tuning Alliance has long provided several forms of remote tuning. Available for a variety of fuels like 91acn, 91, 93, and even race gas. Our ignition and fuel maps have been developed row by row, testing the entire rpm and load range on a chassis dyno. This has yielded the basis for completely custom maps, that have a uniquely smooth feel along with increased power throughout the rpm range.

Most tuners simply take the factory map and edit the high load tables. They have not had vast amounts of time to tweak and test every cell in the map. Thus only the increasing power in full boost situations(high load). The low and medium load parameters are not fully optimized. Considering your primarily driving in low to medium load all the time (unless your a racecar driver) you may wants these areas optimized.

This is why customers report increased smoothness, power, and even MPG.

"I flashed your map this morning and WoW. I could feel the slight differences, it's hard to pinpoint exactly what but the car ran A LOT smoother."

"Have been driving the car for a few days with the new tune. First thing I notice was the engine runs much smoother than the cobb tune. Throttle reponse is more natural than the cobb. I've been getting better gas milage so far as well. "

The two basic types of remote tuning are custom mapping and e-tuning.

Custom maps are for stock to moderately modified cars. Including changes to the intake, exhaust, and intercooler.

E-tunes are for moderate to heavily modified cars. Including larger turbochargers, altered fuel systems, and aftermarket boost control systems.

Not only do we provide quality maps and tunes, but there are other benefits of running a TA map. Continual support, trouble shooting, and discounted map updates to name a few. After a map is installed logging is encouraged to insure everything is responding as expected. TA will edit the map or advise of potential mechanical issues, until the car is running 100%. The same goes for E-tunes, there is no limit on the amount of revisions. If you buy the map in the summer time and want to have your logs checked in the coldest months of winter. Your logs will be reviewed and revised if needed with no additional charge. If new tables are defined that provide a safer, more reliable tune, your map will be updated at no charge.

Our map update program is intended for existing customers who have made minor changes to there car or have moved to new locations with different fuels or altitudes. These maps will be revised for a fee of $50.

Current pricing for Cobb Accesport tuning (Subaru's Only):

Custom Maps $120

E-tunes $200

Map Updates $50. (Pre 2013 customers $30)

Open source Tuning (Subaru's only):

Custom Maps $200

E-tunes $250

*Prices subject to change please check www.tuningalliance.com for most current pricing*

TA vs Cobb Graph

56.jpg.a483b7117bfab0d21831a1bed612383a.jpg

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mike, thank you for getting me the base map and revision so quickly. this is a really smooth map compared to the OTS stage 1 93 octane. on the way to work this morning, the car was consistently boosting in the high 16's low 17's!! very happy with this tune.

i highly recommend mike and TA for an affordable custom map with excellent customer service!

*****update***** the engine has had some time to dial in the map. all I can say is WOW. throttle response is MUCH better and i'm consistantly boosting in the mid 17's with a high of 17.8. really happy with this stage 1 tune.

mike, thank you for getting me the base map and revision so quickly. this is a really smooth map compared to the OTS stage 1 93 octane. on the way to work this morning, the car was consistently boosting in the high 16's low 17's!! very happy with this tune.

i highly recommend mike and TA for an affordable custom map with excellent customer service!

*****update***** the engine has had some time to dial in the map. all I can say is WOW. throttle response is MUCH better and i'm consistantly boosting in the mid 17's with a high of 17.8. really happy with this stage 1 tune.

:):):)

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

318825014_TAvsCobbS193.thumb.jpg.dd2f2c9cc2381b25bde83bfea203e2df.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
Just curious - for an e-tune with bnr16g, dw650s, walbro, partially gutted stock pipes, do you need a wb02 for tuning?

It is not required, but it will certainly help and yield a higher quality tune.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Long time member who's since moved on to the STi crowd. Just wanted to talk about my experience and sing my praises for Mike/Tuning Alliance's maps.

Mike's been tuning my 2 cars for over 5 years now. I bought a 2008 LGT (auttomagic) fresh off the trucks, which after a brief break-in period I obviously felt the need to mod out. Having heard great things about TA and also with his location being close to me in MA, it was an easy choice.

Got the Cobb AP and got a Stage 1 E-tune from Mike. That ran great for a while, car was much smoother than stock. Power delivery was right, no "dip", car was overall more fun to drive. Stayed there for about 12-18 months, then jumped to stage 2 with a gutted DP and perrin CBE. Appx 25-30k miles going to Stage 2.

Clearly Stage 2 was night and day. Car ran awesome and was a hell of a lot more fun to drive. I was able to go see Mike at his shop, and we did some road tuning sessions to get my stage 2 tune right rather than sending back and forth logs. He took the time to jump in my car and take care of it, something I hadn't expected so that was awesome. Going through each stage also gave me an appreciation for the gains given by each. I drove that at stage 2 until about 60k miles, and then got the urge to go car shopping.

Ran into a 2010 STi Special edition that someone had cancelled their order on. Got a good trade in on the LGT, and stripped it down before sending it for trade for my new STi. Upon purchase, the butt-dyno would say that the LGT with Stage 2 was faster than the STi stock, despite the LGT being an auto. I knew the Cobb AP would transfer right over, so I was pumped to see the gains I could get from the STi.

Emailed Mike up quickly, he remembered me and told me he'd hook me up on a Stage 1 E-map for the new car. Instantly my new baby was faster than out of the gate: quicker, more responsive, better power delivery than stock. It's amazing how much Subaru leaves on the table/Mike can squeeze out.

Much like the LGT, Stage 1 served its purpose for a while and it was time for the next thing. Threw a new HF catted DP on the STi and got Mike to send me a new map for Stage 2. STi with Stage 2 is like a bat out of hell. Easily one of the fastest cars I have personally ever driven. Even had some trouble with the AP loading the new map, and Mike was able to kindly point me through my PEBKAC problem over IM (thx Mike!). There was a day or so I couldn't load the TA map, that I ran the Cobb OTS Stage 2. Putting Mike's map on was night and day to the Cobb, whereas the Cobb felt very noticeable but conservative, Mike's felt engaging and powerful.

Mike has been very responsive to emails, IM's and otherwise helpful during the 5+ years tuning my 2 Subaru's. I've had several map revisions, multiple cars, and multiple other run-ins with Mike and they have all been great. Never had any issues with the LGT with about 60k worth of his tunes on it, and the STi is running strong at 30k+ at Stage 2 now (~20k at Stage 1).

Living in fairly close proximity and knowing his familiarity with Subaru vehicles, I even called upon Mike to do my 30k service and some other work on the LGT when I had it! He changed all the fluids (tranny, gear, coolant, brake fluid) swapped in good synthetics which he had procured for me at a very reasonable price, and lastly through on some Hawk pads all around. Having Mike do the work with all sythetic fluids, plus a brake pad install, was still cheaper than my dealer wanted. As I mentioned the car ran for another 30k before I traded it, and I actually know the guy who bought it from that dealer who is still driving it without issues.

I would HIGHLY recommend Tuning Alliance maps for anyone looking for an economical, safe, and powerful tune from a trusted Subaru guy. Product is stellar, and is only outmatched by the customer service Mike provides. I've sent a couple people to TA since who have been happy as well.

Once I payoff the STi in < 2 yrs we're buying another family car (XV Crosstrek maybe), at which point the STi will likely get a bigger turbo and bigger makeover. We'll be in touch, Mike! :)

-Chris

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Just wanted to say, I'm in the process of getting an open source tune with Mike, and he has been responsive, courteous and very knowledgeable about my questions. Very satisfied so far. I needed someone to do this via email, since I don't have time to take a whole day off and drive 3+ hours to get tuned. He has worked with my schedule, and I would not hesitate to recommend him.

• 1 month later...

I just left you a voicemail a half hour ago, but thought I'd try you online for other people's knowledge as well.

I have an '07 Outback XT that I just bought a downpipe for. I stumbled across your name and I've heard good things about your tunes, Mike. I assume the '05 - '09 OBXT's are much the same as tuning for the '05 - '09 LGT's? I have a Tactrix coming in the mail by Wednesday, then I'll be ready to rock and roll. Could you help a brother out in MT?

I just left you a voicemail a half hour ago, but thought I'd try you online for other people's knowledge as well.

I have an '07 Outback XT that I just bought a downpipe for. I stumbled across your name and I've heard good things about your tunes, Mike. I assume the '05 - '09 OBXT's are much the same as tuning for the '05 - '09 LGT's? I have a Tactrix coming in the mail by Wednesday, then I'll be ready to rock and roll. Could you help a brother out in MT?

Yes, obxt is no problem. You'll just have to read your rom and email it to me. Pm me if you have any other questions. I won't be available via phone until tomorrow.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mike, I'm a noob. (Or a Scoobie Noobie, if you will.) WTF is a rom?

Thankfully, I will have my own personal IT guy with me (who happens to have the Tactrix cable, used for his '08 WRX) to make sure I don't flub up too bad. I really would rather not *BRICK* my ECU. So maybe I'm asking too many questions too soon, especially since I just learned he had to buy a new cable and it won't arrive until next Wednesday.

I'll have to give you a jingle. I just have too many questions and I'm tired of looking at a computer for the day. I'll call you tomorrow at some point, Mike. Thanks!

Mike, I'm a noob. (Or a Scoobie Noobie, if you will.) WTF is a rom?

Thankfully, I will have my own personal IT guy with me (who happens to have the Tactrix cable, used for his '08 WRX) to make sure I don't flub up too bad. I really would rather not *BRICK* my ECU. So maybe I'm asking too many questions too soon, especially since I just learned he had to buy a new cable and it won't arrive until next Wednesday.

I'll have to give you a jingle. I just have too many questions and I'm tired of looking at a computer for the day. I'll call you tomorrow at some point, Mike. Thanks!

Rom means read only memory, its basically the map off your ecu. I will be in an area with little service later today, so if we don't get to talk ill call you sat or sun.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i'll be in touch soon.

stage anxious

I'm getting very close to getting this done, probably within a week or so.

I'm also on the Cobb AP V1, no problem with that right? (From what I've read)

After the exhaust upgrade, I believe I'm in the Boost creep phase..

Lemme know if I should upgrade ebcs before tune? Or correct it without?

I want that creep out of here

I'm getting very close to getting this done, probably within a week or so.

I'm also on the Cobb AP V1, no problem with that right? (From what I've read)

After the exhaust upgrade, I believe I'm in the Boost creep phase..

Lemme know if I should upgrade ebcs before tune? Or correct it without?

I want that creep out of here

AP v1 is a problem I can no longer tune them. You probably hitting a bit too much boost, hard to say without more info.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hope everyone is doing well!

Oh Yea, doing well. :)

I guess by now Niko_lgt has been in touch with you. He and I have been busy on the PM side of the forum.

I haven't met him but he sounds like someone who is willing to listen and do it right the first time.

He doesn't have the mechanical ability to work on the car himself, so he's contacted my trusted mechanic who will be doing the install for him.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived