LegacyGT.com

Dash lights not working

Today I pulled a rookie move and cut the stock wire harness from

The radio so I could hard wire an aftermarket sterio. Not reading into it before I hacked it was a bad choice. I wired it in but lost all dash lights so i put the stock radio back in to see of I had dash lights and this didn't solve my issue. I know that there are illination wire that adjust the brightness of the lights. Does anybody know of this problem I have checked all fuses already. Is there anything else it could be?

When you cut the harness did you cut one wire at a time or all of them at once. I'd check the fuses before anything else. A car as old as yours i doubt it has a control module for anything and if it does it would be only for major components

I cut them one at a time. I now have a working harness that I bought and installed an alpine deck. I still have no dash lights though. I connected a light to see of I was getting current to the illination wires on the wire harness and found that I am getting current. Does anybody now of a way to by pass the two illination wires threw a fuse or a small light? Im not sure what my problem could be.

there is one wire that controls your dash lights. i put in my kenwood back when i first got my wagon. i had an extra wire so i grounded it. no dash lights. then i had it to always hot wire. then they were on all the time, even if the car was off. so the best solution that i found was hooking it up with the acc. so the dash lights will be on all the time but only when the car is running. on the radio harness there should be a illumination wire.

Archived