LegacyGT.com

Seat heater?

Just a quick question to anyone. My seat heaters in my 05 LGT get so hot it's almost uncomfortable. Even on the lowest setting I have to turn it off. Does anyone else experience this? Seems a little better when both seats are on, but still gets just freakin hot.
If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

WOW, did you just figure out how to use the off position.

I turn mine on for about a 1 or 2 miles than have to turn it off in the 05. It's been like that since new. The GF turns her seat on and leaves it on the second or third line all the way to VT.

Even in the Spec. I turn it off after a few miles. I have never gone past the 3rd line with either.

I guess she is much hotter than I am so the hot seat doesn't bother her.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Odd. I fall in the same category as most of you. i can only run the drivers one for awhile and my butt is sweating, yet my lady friend passenger refuses to remove it from the highest setting. so much so that i am worried she is going to burn the thing out.....

My seat heater gets quite warm as well, though my seat bottom doesn't work. Both seat and back work on the passenger side but not on the drivers side. Honestly I don't see the point in getting it fixed either as the thought of burning my arse doesn't seem very pleasant, but the high heat of the back is good to get through my winter coat.

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I turned my seat on to one after about 45 minutes into the drive. It seemed to work great, a little warmth and to hot.

Tried it again, on the drive home from VT on Sunday same thing, after about 30 minutes, turned it on, it was nice.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived