LegacyGT.com

2013 Legacy Limited - Good price?

Hello,

My local dealership is offering $25.7K + 400$ dealer fee for a 2013 2.5i Limited with Moonroof. My other choice is 27.4K$ + 500$ in dealer fee (different dealer) for a 2013 Legacy 2.5i Limited with Moonroof and Nav package. I'm tempted to go with the first offer, as I dont really care for the Nav package. Is this is a good deal?

Thanks! This will be my first Subaru and I am pretty excited about it!

@Hanger, Does your limited have a moonroof? This is a car on the dealer lot

@kfig5, You are talking about a Premium, while this is a Limited

@mk6933

They are asking for 500$ for remote starter installed and $252 for puddle lights installed. This is way above MSRP quoted on subaru.com, but I'm not sure if you generally pay installation cost on top of MSRP.

Can you guys shed some light?

Thanks! for the replies

Run the invoice numbers and don't pay a cent over that. At invoice the dealer will still make money on the holdback..... Unless you take that from him too ;)

Seriously, the Legacy isn't that popular of a car to pay over invoice.

As part of the deal only offer to pay invoice on the accessories, but you'll still have to pay labor. You could always negotiate SOA labor rates vs consumer rates. That's what I did.

Good luck!

Also, what the heck is a dealer fee and why does it increase based on the trim level?

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

First, if you're doing a trade-in, DON'T talk purchase price until you have unequivocably settled what you're getting for your trade.

Second, Figure out what MSRP is for the entire package you want here. Take that figure x .02 to figure dealer holdback. Then figure out what Invoice Price is using the same link.

Now do the math:

Invoice (minus) dealer holdback (plus) shipping (plus) $250-$500 for dealer profit.

Done.

Make your offier and wait. Don't dicker. Make it clear that you're not going to rattle back and forth, hold your ground and go up in $50.00 increments from your offer price to your limit. Walk when/if they won't reach-out to you and leave your 24-hour offer on the table, with a reminder that the next offer will be lower.

Remember, the trade-in is already non-negotiable, locked-in, so just keep your head and wait.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

If you don't mind waiting, use the same process I mentioned above, and order the car exactly the way you want it - takes the installation cost out of the accessories, or use factory-installed pricing as a negotiating tactic if the dealer clearly wants to move a car that's been sitting in inventory. Lot of ways to do it, but know your pricing and no-budge/we-walk points before you step in the door for both your trade and what you're buying.

First, if you're doing a trade-in, DON'T talk purchase price until you have unequivocably settled what you're getting for your trade.

Second, Figure out what MSRP is for the entire package you want here. Take that figure x .02 to figure dealer holdback. Then figure out what Invoice Price is using the same link.

Now do the math:

Invoice (minus) dealer holdback (plus) shipping (plus) $250-$500 for dealer profit.

Done.

Make your offier and wait. Don't dicker. Make it clear that you're not going to rattle back and forth, hold your ground and go up in $50.00 increments from your offer price to your limit. Walk when/if they won't reach-out to you and leave your 24-hour offer on the table, with a reminder that the next offer will be lower.

Remember, the trade-in is already non-negotiable, locked-in, so just keep your head and wait.

SBT can one apply that logic when buying a used vehicle?

Same logic applies, but your price research for the used vehicle would be more dynamic so check more sources, i.e., Edmunds, NADA, KBB, etc. to get a good sense of what the "options" and pricing are on the vehicle you're looking to buy.

BOT - OP, did you buy and how did it work out?

• 4 months later...

damn, the quote i got is already below invoice. where do i go from there? (this is for ordering the vehicle / lead time 3-12 weeks)

Legacy 2.5i Limited PZEV

CVT Automatic Transmission

$23,603*

Add $829* Moonroof

Add $2,205* Moonroof & Navigation

8" Touch Screen Voice Activated LCD Display

AM/FM Stereo with Single-Disc CD/DVD Player

Rear-Vision Camera

Auto-Dimming Rear View Compass Mirror with Homelink System

Add $3,284 Moonroof, Navi, and Eyesight Package

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Hello,

My local dealership is offering $25.7K + 400$ dealer fee for a 2013 2.5i Limited with Moonroof. My other choice is 27.4K$ + 500$ in dealer fee (different dealer) for a 2013 Legacy 2.5i Limited with Moonroof and Nav package. I'm tempted to go with the first offer, as I dont really care for the Nav package. Is this is a good deal?

Thanks! This will be my first Subaru and I am pretty excited about it!

It's been over 4 months, what did you do subarunewbie14?

damn, the quote i got is already below invoice. where do i go from there? (this is for ordering the vehicle / lead time 3-12 weeks)

Legacy 2.5i Limited PZEV

CVT Automatic Transmission

$23,603*

Add $829* Moonroof

Add $2,205* Moonroof & Navigation

8" Touch Screen Voice Activated LCD Display

AM/FM Stereo with Single-Disc CD/DVD Player

Rear-Vision Camera

Auto-Dimming Rear View Compass Mirror with Homelink System

Add $3,284 Moonroof, Navi, and Eyesight Package

I agree that 23,603$ is good price for this car. I suspect stealership will not budge much for the listed options, HANGER in there!!

Archived