LegacyGT.com

2006 lgt manual highest rated up pipes!?

I like the fitment of my coated Grimmspeed UP w/ flex section better than the STi UP, COBB UP, much better than the generic ebay UP that was a very, very poor copy of the Grimmspeed UP.

The flex section eventually gave up on my first Grimmspeed UP (I purchased used the first time). I went through all the others and went back to a new, coated Grimmspeed UP and am very happy.

All the other UP's leaked or didn't seal properly for me.

Good luck!

Guys- this seems like a pain to worry about replacing my up pipe now. Can I run my stock up pipe on my 06 lgt manual with a Cobb dp, running ap stg 2 with a stock air box?

Is an up pipe change required to run this set up? Trying to decide if its worth the extra time, money...but trying to also evaluate my risk running with the stock up pipe as well. Help?! Thanks.

If your budget allows to purchase the UP, with all the other goodies you listed, do it! Labor to install an UP requires removal of the DP. So you'll save on the install labor if you do both at once.

Turbo will spool faster if you ditch the stock UP, upgrade to go with the other things you listed. Yes you can go without (with one worry that the CAT in the stock UP is a possible issue to fail with age and take out your turbo).

Hope that helps.

Replace the UP. You'd be a fool to replace the DP and not do the UP while you're in there.

Get a used STI UP and swap it in. Make sure you have your car tuned, you'll be stage 2 now. Do NOT get on the throttle hard until you tune it! The tune will take care of any CEL that may be thrown due to lack of the EGT sensor.

I liked the grimspeed.. came with good gaskets, and a good part. I did have to port it some to match to the perrin header.

Grimm doesn't come with gaskets. You have to buy separately.

Add another grim speed UP owner. Best pipe on the market IMO. Get all new gaskets and have at it. My only recommendation is do yourself a favor and loosen your passenger side motor mount and raise the engine enough to clear the stock UP. All the damn heat shields make it a bear to get out.

And for the love of Pete don't pay someone to do it. It is two pipes with some gaskets. Remove 20 bolts and swap away.

Confirmed my belief from GS website (pricing change reflects this as well - it's $219.99 now)... http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=60_54_56&products_id=79

Quick Specs

Gaskets Included - Heavy Duty GrimmSpeed Gaskets

Flex Joint - 321 Stainless Steel "Tuned-Bellow" w/ Interlocking Liner

Tubing - 14 Gauge 304 Stainless Steel Piping w/ Brushed Finish - 33% thicker than most competitors

Pipe to Flange Connection - Cut-Back flange allows much smoother connection. Piping is flush with flange so there is no step into the pipe.

Flanges - 1/2" 304 Stainless Steel CNC Milled - All 3 sides are milled for precise tolerances in manufacturing

Optional ceramic coating

Increased HP by ~10hp

Reduce turbo lag

I had to get them separately too ;) (but mine was the revision with the updated flex section). I was just admiring the latest revision with sexy flanges not long ago and noticed the new pricing and the gaskets being included. I peruse their site regularly hoping to see an update that the DP for our fitment will be available :cool:

Archived