LegacyGT.com

Engine dress-up

I would love to get a nice red alternator cover and radiator shroud to dress up the engine bay but am amazed at how much these cost. $140 for the grimmspeed items...is there a cheaper alternative or should I quit being a cheap ass and cough up the cash?

Make your own. Use card board to make a templet, trace it onto whatever material you want, cut it out, and paint it or wrap it.

I can see coughing up the cash for the alt cover and rad shroud since they are not replacements and add some functionality but can't see blowing money on a battery tie down or oil cap.

It also looks like you must delete the stock airbox inlet to mount the grimmspeed unit...I don't like that. Are there other radiator shrouds that alow you to keep it, costing less $$?

Allow you to keep the stock intake snorkel...yes

For less money...no

The AVO shroud allows you to keep the intake snorkel but its very thin/ flimsy. The Grimmspeed one is much thicker and nicer IMO. If you really want a nice one that retains the intake snorkel check out the Subtle Solutions shroud. Just make sure your sitting down when you look at the price :lol:

Allow you to keep the stock intake snorkel...yes

For less money...no

The AVO shroud allows you to keep the intake snorkel but its very thin/ flimsy. The Grimmspeed one is much thicker and nicer IMO. If you really want a nice one that retains the intake snorkel check out the Subtle Solutions shroud. Just make sure your sitting down when you look at the price :lol:

I was just about to suggest Subtle, their prices aren't too terrible imo. it's about 80 shipped, but you don't have to advertise for them, well worth the extra 20 in my book. and you can keep your stock snorkel

http://www.subtle-solutions.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_25_64_65&products_id=269

Archived