LegacyGT.com

Wiper De-Icer Light and Defrost Not Working

The last few times I used the windshield defogger I had the heat on the windshield with the A/C, since it turns itself on for it for some reason. I've tried turning the A/C off and changing the temperature but nothing will get the fog off the windshield.

Also the wiper de-icer button above the fuse panel doesn't light up anymore. Not sure what happened.

One more thing, is there a way to control the temperature on both sides at the same time? I know in some cars you can link them and I hate changing both sides.

The A/c helps dry the air blowing onto your windshield so it's not blowning moist air and fogging your windshield up even more. Keep your ac on during defrost. If its not defrosting you may have a coolant leak and its blowing wet air onto your w/s(its happened to me before). do you smell any coolant?

And I don't believe there is a way to control both, but I hope I'm wrong cuz that shit is annoying isn't it!

Nope, not leaking anything. I was starting to think there was something wrong with my windshield. It only clears it up in the middle and I have to drive leaning towards the passenger side. It hasn't been frosty yet, just condensated from fog and rain.

And yes, I hate changing both!

• 1 month later...

I just pulled the fuse door on the drivers side down to look at the fuses, they're all fine including the de-icer. I noticed right behind the de-icer button was a thin light blue wire that had a male-female white snap in plug and it was unplugged. So, I plugged it in, tucked it back up and the light still doesn't come on for it. Any ideas?

I could certainly use it soon with winter coming up.

Archived