LegacyGT.com

Changing clutch from DM flywheel to SM

My clutch went out on my 05 LGT so its time i changed from the M to a SM flywheel. It seems I may not be able to being it to AZP Installs (shop of choice) so my question is,

Will the OEM 06 wrx flywheel/clutch fit on my car without an issue or are other parts needed?

When I told the mechanic I planned to do this he said "If you want me ordering non standard parts they better fit or your still paying for the labor and taking the parts."

Unless someone has a flatbed in NY and wants to get me to AZP :)

06 wrx SM flywheel + clutch will bolt up, and IIRC different flywheel bolts are recommended.

Wait for someone more well versed to clarify, but no you wont have any issue with the oem 06 wrx clutch + flywheel.

Triple A is indeed your friend :), GL

You must have the basic AAA towing, I paid for the 100 mile package.

Yes the 06 WRX FW was the first replacement, or a 07-09 LGT FW it's also SM...seems it took Subaru a few years to realize they screwed up with the DM POS.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

- push car down the street call aaa again

I was going to do this but the shop the car is at is a certified AAA towing company. So they arent going to let me roll it out the tow it 5 feet away lol.

Things suck right now

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The out-of-pocket cost of a tow is a shitty reason to have a shop - which you seem to feel apprehensive about - do any kind of work to your car, especially something like a clutch replacement.

Do it the way you feel it should be done. At the end of the day it's your money; you should spend it the way (and the place where) you ultimately want to.

The out-of-pocket cost of a tow is a shitty reason to have a shop - which you seem to feel apprehensive about - do any kind of work to your car, especially something like a clutch replacement.

Do it the way you feel it should be done. At the end of the day it's your money; you should spend it the way (and the place where) you ultimately want to.

I am pretty much with you on that, I think I'm going to have it towed to the shop I trust. We will see what they say tomorrow morning

Archived