LegacyGT.com

shift knobs...

So I am trying to find a new shift knob without much success - I am looking for a carbon fiber knob (spherical) that clears the reverse lockout ring... found some possibilities on eBay, but they'd require me to open up the threaded region to allow clearance for the reverse lockout...

I have the subaru STi aluminum/leather one now, also have the Subaru STi titanium spherical knob and a WC lathewerks equator elite - just looking for a change. had the OEM carbon knob in my old WRX (that was more of a cylindrical knob than a sphere) and really liked it... sadly, it doesn't go over the reverse lockout... also saw the raceseng spherology - looks awesome, but I don't want to spend that much $ on a knob right now.

anyone found something like that around?

I haven't changed my shift knob yet, but grabbing the Perrin SSA, I'm told it needs a weighted shift knob. Are those sti ones weighted? Also, what's everyone else using as far as shift knobs?

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

When I first put on my SSA, I thought I was going to end up ordering a shift knob fairly soon after for the added weight. But after driving it around for a couple of months, I've gotten so used to it, I don't even feel like I need to add weight. It almost feels stock to me after all this time.

Yes, yes - I know lathewerks is great - I have an equator elite from them. Not looking for a raceseng knob, though they are nice, too.

Looking for a spherical carbon fiber knob which clears the reverse lockout ring - anyone know of anything?

stay-on-topic.jpg.3fcde4928045df1eff4d2826455a0491.jpg

I picked up my LGT used. Not sure which of the two previous owners bought it but I have the STI shift knob. It has a nice weighty feel too it.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g217/amidroc/2010%20Legacy%20GT%20Premium/2014-11-12%2017.29.48_zps3lymxvd1.jpg

well, scratch that... the area under the decal (which I would remove) is just flat aluminum. bummer.

Looking at a couple of possibilities that I might be able to modify to get the reverse lockout ring to fit...

I've got a 700 Gram Raceseng knob AND the super heavy weighted Boomba short shift adaptor.

I can't imagine having neither of those things now... soo.. primitive ...:lol:

I have the Raceseng Slammer at around 650 grams, but I just had a one-off custom knob made by Latheworks. I had to talk him into it as he doesn't work with 2.25". His knobs are all 2".

Here is a comparison

437402690_20160229_104220-Copy.thumb.jpg.4827ef19faf62cf2189dd9e05b852966.jpg

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Soooo....you like big knobs in your hand?

^And quite a well-polished knob he has at that.

I have a big knob that gets polished often...:p

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I have the Raceseng Slammer at around 650 grams, but I just had a one-off custom knob made by Latheworks. I had to talk him into it as he doesn't work with 2.25". His knobs are all 2".

Here is a comparison

So what are you going to do with that raceseng shift knob?

I may use it temporarily if I choose to get the 2.25" knob leather wrapped. ATM it is dead weight in my armrest cubby.

Archived