LegacyGT.com

Whats your latest mod

Legacy11

^ Nice. I want that front end on my wagon.

I put on Rally Armour UR mudflaps this weekend. No pics of my wagon but they look good. My next planned mod is to to clear corner and black out my headlights.

Chimera looks nice man, hey what photo url hosting did you used to post your picture? Im planning on Painting the top of my car black not plastic dip though in a couple of days a nice gloss black

what did you guys clean your wheels with before plasti-dipping them? And how many coats? I did my grille and fog lights last summer, been thinking about doing the wheels

Berzerklo i just used plain dish soap and water, but make sure your soap doesnt have aloe or the new lotion soaps. Because that will prevent the plasti dip from sticking. Also dont soak the rim or spray it. Get a towel dip it in your solution just enough to get it moist and clean it with just that rag or towel. then after get another clean rag (DRY) and just pass it over again( this is to get any extra moister that was left).

BTW just use a little bit a soap not a ton. just a bit to wear it doesnt really foam up.

The other thing you can do is just wash your rims entirely but i would suggest letting it dry completely over night so you dont have any moister when you plastic dip them

GOOD LUCK

what did you guys clean your wheels with before plasti-dipping them? And how many coats? I did my grille and fog lights last summer, been thinking about doing the wheels

BTW i only did 3 coats. Its basically up to you if you think its good enough and you covered everything, then your done :)

:rolleyes:

I used brake cleaner. I felt that the brake cleaner residue still remained on the alloys after cleaning so wiped down with methylated spirits after. Brake cleaner is some seriously evil stuff keep well away from your paint work! Important part is a 50% first tack coating and alloy at least an hour to dry before next 3 coats

Chimera looks nice man, hey what photo url hosting did you used to post your picture?

Thanks! Own web site :-) most use photobucket???

Archived