LegacyGT.com

2000 LGT Wagon build

So I'm new, I guess this is the thread where I'll be posting updates and progress to my car as well as questions about what I need to do etc. I picked a 2000 LGT Wagon last Thursday 10/4/12 in Titanium with grey cloth interior. This car is mainly to serve as my "daily driver" so my VIP Style Infiniti M45 aka Y34 can rest and get driven when I feel like driving it. Therefore, I'm not doing a whole bunch to this wagon, but I can't drive a stock car. It came with an aftermarket alarm and a decent Alpine stereo which sounds amazingly good considering there are only 4 speakers in this car and it's got iPod cable, which works with my phone.

Does anyone know if the LL Bean automatic HVAC works on other Legacy models? I haven't had to turn a knob to adjust temperature on a car in nearly 10 years lol. Not that big of a deal though, I can live with the knobs.

Also the black trim around the glass is all black and not peeling but it doesn't look so hot, any tips to rejuvenate it?

Since I got the car I've replaced the fogs with matching bulbs and will do yellow film on the lenses.

I've ordered LED's for all the interior lighting (not the gauges yet)

Rally Armor mud flaps

Tokico HTS shocks

H&R springs

16mm bolt on spacers for the back

Impreza spring mounts ordered in the next hour

By next week the car will have a new stance. I'm going to run the stock wheels for a few months at least, but will have some 18" WedsSport wheels coming soon.

Here's the way she looks now, very clean overall, interior is super clean.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z216/kdfalk/2012-10-05191727.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z216/kdfalk/2012-10-07124829.jpg

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spring mounts are ordered and I got a call from Tokico, they have the shocks, but they have paint chips, which I told them is completely fine with me, so they should be in my hands on Friday since they're local to me. Woot! Love fast progress.

nah, like mentioned, this is just gonna be a daily, and actually, delivery van for my custom printed popup tent, flag and banner business. I'm going to be putting big stickers on the back 3 windows with the business logo and contact info lol.

Although coming from flagship V8 powered cars the past 8+ years, I may have to do something with the engine. But honestly I'm pretty surprised how well this car moves and how smooth it runs and shifts though, I was definitely expecting less. Any tips for some little add ons like intake, exhaust, etc. or is it like most cars and all that does is add noise? I probably would do exhaust regardless....

Got the shocks Friday, still waiting on springs and mounts. Put some 16mm bolt on spacers on the rear which basically makes the rears fit like the fronts. Looks much better IMO. Also put the rally armor mud flaps on, looks pretty decent. Pretty sure I'm going with some 17x9 +35 and 215/45 tires.

ordered roof spoiler from subarugenuineparts.com

H&R's plus spring mounts should be here tomorrow

edit: that sucks, just got a refund from subarugenuineparts, the item is no longer in stock. However, they do have unpainted, premiered ones, so I guess I'll order that instead.

Ordered the primered spoiler today, was told Subaru has 7 left in the US and I got 1 of them, so that should arrive next week.

If the springs arrive today, then I'll drop it off at Status Autoworks in Gardena for the install tomorrow or Friday.

Went to WEDS Wheels US headquarters yesterday to see how some wheels will look, pretty much set on a model in matte black 18x8, they're so light, and I think with the car being more or less 2 tone it will look really nice, everything titanium and black (once the windows are tinted)

nah, like mentioned, this is just gonna be a daily, and actually, delivery van for my custom printed popup tent, flag and banner business. I'm going to be putting big stickers on the back 3 windows with the business logo and contact info lol.

Although coming from flagship V8 powered cars the past 8+ years, I may have to do something with the engine. But honestly I'm pretty surprised how well this car moves and how smooth it runs and shifts though, I was definitely expecting less. Any tips for some little add ons like intake, exhaust, etc. or is it like most cars and all that does is add noise? I probably would do exhaust regardless....

I have an '04 H6 (or used to; it's now my little brother's), so I'm not too familiar with the 4-cyl. engines.

I would imagine that the exhaust off of a Legacy GT-B would fit up OK... ask other people though; they would know better. Might be some problems because the GT-B's a turbo, so the headers, up-pipe, downpipe, etc. flow in a different way.

Intakes shouldn't be that hard to come by, but I'm not sure they'll make too huge a difference. An aftermarket panel filter would probably serve you just as well.

Also, good job getting the roof spoiler. I LOOOOVE the fact that a spoiler came with the one I had. Really adds to the look of the back end.

I'm not sure what wings are available, but it sticks straight back on the top 6-8" from the looks of it

http://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_41&products_id=390

http://www.subarugenuineparts.com/images/wagon%20spoiler.jpg

The H&R's showed up today, but the Impreza spring mounts won't be here for a few more days, bummer.

Like it man! Same color! Definitely subing.

I want that wing too but I'm sketched about drilling holes.

just get a shop to do it.

I tend to steer clear of bodywork whenever I can; a shop could do it well, even though they'd steal some of your money for a relatively easy job. Peace of mind has a price sometimes, I guess.

I'm gonna have my buddies shop paint and install it. Scheduled delivery is Thursday for the wing and the spring mounts. So that means if all goes well, I'll install the springs and new Tokico's on Saturday, and get the wing done next week.

The wing showed up today, can't wait to get it painted and on the car! It will definitely add a nice sportieness to the car.

The car is at my friends shop having the suspension installed and knock sensor replaced. I hope he finishes it today cause I wasn't planning to drive my M till the BP VIP meet this weekend, and I don't really want to deal with driving it home today.

on the way to the shop:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z216/kdfalk/2012-10-25102349.jpg

Thanks! What do you think of the wing in matte black vs. body color?

I didn't mention, but a matte black set of WedsSport 18x8 are sitting in boxes just to the left, behind the car under cover :) I got the SA-60m now I just need tires, going with 215/40 which should have exact OD as stock 16's

Thanks! What do you think of the wing in matte black vs. body color?

I didn't mention, but a matte black set of WedsSport 18x8 are sitting in boxes just to the left, behind the car under cover :) I got the SA-60m now I just need tires, going with 215/40 which should have exact OD as stock 16's

Body color all day.

yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Thanks for the feedback.

I have set the shocks on 2 turns from the stiffest setting and I LOVE it how it rides, it's smooth and firm, but very comfy still and compared to my M, feels like stock. I can't wait to get my wheels on the car, should have tires in the next few days, so some time next week the wheels will be on the car. We'll see with the change from 16 to 18" wheels if I want to soften the shocks at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Got it tinted 2 days ago, and tires arrived yesterday. Taking the wheels and tires to Status Autoworks as soon as those lazy ... get there. I'll try to update with a new pic once they're on the car.

Dropping off wing for paint tomorrow and gotta decide what to do for a front lip. EZ Lip of the Teg Type R which everyone says fit, but IMO don't fit that great on any of the pics I've seen and I want stuff to fit like OEM.

Archived