LegacyGT.com

If all goes well tomorrow I am back.

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i45.tinypic.com/1z68n13.jpg

Hey guys, used to be active 1.5 -2 years ago? had a 98 2.5Gt with only like 90,000 miles on it which got t-boned and written off :(

in the time since I have had a 5 speed 98 altima w/ 80,000 miles and a blown transmission? WTF

and a 5 speed tercel w/ 90,000 miles that is bulletproof but to small and not much fun.

Tomorrow at 6pm I am viewing a 99 legacy 2.5Gt with a 2003 usdm wrx engine

Roughly 75,000 km on engine.163,000 Miles on chassis.

with the following mods:

-Upgraded iON Performance Stage 0 OE turbo upgrade

-iON Performance catless 3' down-pipe

-2.5' Magnaflow catback

-JDM STi catless up-pipe

-Samco I/C hoses

-PnP'd TMIC end tanks & elbows.

-K&N panel filter

-i-Speed tuned ECUTEK ECU

-TechWorks Engineering rebuilt cryo treated 5MT tranny 4.11 Fd this is a standard legacy transmission with modified gears. 40k since rebuild.

-ACT Stage 3 Clutch

-Exedy 13lb flywheel

-Kartboy short shifter & bushings

-upgraded quick-ratio steering rack

-cryo treated rear LSD upgrade

-STi Group N front and rear strut top mounts

-KYB AGX's, Eibach/Ground Control coilovers

-Goodridge SS brake lines

-New 11.4' Brembo front rotors w/ 2pot calipers & Mintex 1155 pads

-KVR CF rear pads with new cryo treated Brembo rear rotors

-Motul Dot 5.1 brake fluid, Motul 300V 5w40 oil, JDM Subaru Oil filters, Motul Gear 300 tranny fluid & rear diff fluid

-16' Subaru Alloys w/ Bridgestone 205/55/16 V rated tires

-JDM WRX MOMO Steering wheel

-Die-Hard battery

-Updated OEM Panasonic 6 disc CD Changer from WRX.

http://ionperformance.com/customers/cars/99LGT/new/99LGT1.JPG

http://ionperformance.com/customers/cars/99LGTLTD/enginebay2.JPG

http://ionperformance.com/customers/cars/99LGTLTD/interior3.JPG

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its true man and its all been professionally swapped.

basically first owner had a 2003 wrx that got written off at 4000 miles and he paid over 12gs on the swap.

my last two cars have been pissing me off I really just want my subie back.

hes asking 7500 to the public and 7 on a local subie forum.

I'm giving him a down payment tonight and listing the tercel for sale. My only concerns are being hated in the neighborhood for the exhaust lol

thanks for the input. I am putting the down payment but im 20 years old and ill have 4 cars if this goes through. I kept my other altima and bought a parts car but don't have an engine hoist or any of the tools to do the work.

oh well. Summer is just starting as long as I can fix my altima & sell my tercel by winter im in good shape.

*WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME WAS TO LET THEM WRITE OFF MY 2.5 GT

I put my down deposit on it and am selling my altima project for cheap. gonna drive the tercel mainly until I can find a set of summer tires for it..

i squeeled 4 tires on the test drive this car is legit.

this car was swapped at i-speed usa professionally for over 12gs

but its using the stock legacy gauges. but does run a tuned wrx ECU unfortunately I cant really even see what the car is boosting at atm, I want this car to last I do not want to push 20lbs of boost for 3 or so months.

but i plan on purchasing a ultraguage which gives like 50 possible temperatures and additional gauges and possibly a boost controller to have a street mode I only remember ever getting 24mpg ish on my first legacy.. And that wasn't turbo so I am expecting less with this obviously.

big issue is that current owner is wealthy had the car maintained at Subaru but doesn't really know to much about mechanics in general, although he did start it once a month while it sat as it was only driven in the winter. It has the dreaded CHECK ENGINE light on and I am going out with my code scanner tomorrow to find out what tripped it, He thinks it was a o2 sensor which is something I can replace myself, but if there is another code I may still back off from this car although it ran like a boss during the test drive.

u cant get a decent wrx in canada for under 11gs so this is a Steal having only like 40k miles on the drive train @ 7

JDM can be custom fitted, it's no fun. most of us did it this way

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

It does look really clean, and to be fair. The last car I bought that was someone else's project was kind of a mess. After three years I've ripped the whole thing down bit by bit and it's finally my mess, no theirs :rolleyes:

^^^funny about the "project car" story. Honestly, I work on my car on Saturdays and I have to say that I feel so good after I'm done accomplishing something on it that it in itself is a reward to me. Sure, my car is a long term project but it is more like personal satisfaction for creating something that is better in every way then when it first came to me. *end rant*

My car is a rolling project too... Nothing says rolling project like breaking down at 1am 600 miles into a 1200 mile road trip moving 8 states down. Then spending half the next day taking front of your car apart to replace axles in a strip mall parking lot.

i had a 1998 legacy... I wanted kyb struts, But im broke and i wanted the gr2.. this has agx. This is all the parts I would of liked to and would be in the process of putting in my old legacy.

Like I said it got t-boned 2 years ago. and if it was still alive it would have upgrades by now, this is a great deal for a Legacy BD with a wrx swap from the shop that specialized in these swaps (i-speed us) I've been on alot of forums and alot of backyard wrx swaps blow early if not done properly. The Cel is a po420 its because the 1st and 2nd cat are deleted which is screwing with the 02 sensor and can easily be fixed with 02cat adapter. (i switched it off with my obd2 tool, but expect it to come back if I try to pull a vette)

hell ill buy this car, getting 03 wrx wheels for 300$ and ill sell it for more than I paid if it doesn't work out.

and texas this car will still be my project

you know how much you can tune a wrx engine? first mod I will be installing is a Intercooler spray system that will spray water on my inter cooler during boost, along with various gauges to monitor boost & temps. I appreciate your Rant but this is in no way a finished car, After it is painted a dark blue with possibly a wrx hoodscoop to allow more air / proper drainage during rain / snow conditions.

right now its just a 2.5gt hood with the plastic ripped out so the engine can breathe, I dont know how much longer my time will be on this forum because everyone only deals with N/A engines and i need more info on turbos

I dont know how much longer my time will be on this forum because everyone only deals with N/A engines and i need more info on turbos

Uh, yeah. None of us here know anything about turbo engines. Especially brok. :rolleyes: Have fun on NASIOC. And don't bother going to BBS because nobody knows shit on that site either.

Archived