LegacyGT.com

anyone running Sonic Tuning?

joedirtae09

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea.. i saw that post and then i started to look around the site.

i didnt see too many reviews on the subbie sites.

i googled them and there were alot of reviews from people using them on vw, audi, bmw, benz, etc... they all seemed pleased with the wheels.

• 4 weeks later...
Trivia fact of the day. A Hedgehog is occasionally referred to as a "snugglebug".
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So, spoke with Sonic Tuning today, they can do 17s but they need a minimum of 10 people, with paid deposits, to do a custom run. Wheel price would be between $599 and $649, so definitely competitive with Rotas etc.

New production is coming low pressure cast, resulting in lighter weights over the prior production which is gravity cast.

Feedback on the wheels has been very positive from what I can see across various forums. They've had more uptake with the BMW and Audi crowd to date and you'll see good reviews across forums for those makes.

I'd like to get new wheels this summer and find their wheels to be an attractive option. I'll post up a new GI thread to see if we can get 10 people to come to a consensus on one of their wheel designs.

Just an fyi these wheels are on ebay for a few bucks less.Looks like they only have the 18's listed though. I'm happy to hear that they're not bad wheels. I saw the st120's awhile back but had reservations about buying them. I may pull the trigger now.

Just an fyi these wheels are on ebay for a few bucks less.Looks like they only have the 18's listed though. I'm happy to hear that they're not bad wheels. I saw the st120's awhile back but had reservations about buying them. I may pull the trigger now.

Just checked but those are different wheels I think - branded Stern... Same nomenclature in ST8 but that's a different product, not Subaru hubcentric and nonstandard offsets...

Archived