LegacyGT.com

Hood wont close

hey all. i need some help. i had to jump start my car the other day, and when i was finished, i went to close my hood, but it wouldnt latch. the safety catches, but the actual latch wont click shut. all the parts look in decent shape and work when i push down with a screw driver. but the hood just wont latch at all. i finally got it to click shut after like 3 hours of trying. anyone have any ideas?

well i ended up spraying the latch on my hood today with WD40. I gave it a good soaking, along with everything else in the area. i let it sit for a couple minutes, and then sprayed it once more before trying to close the hood. i put the hood down, and gave it a little push, and it latched first try. I'll definitely keep that one in mind for next time. Thanks for the help!!

• 4 years later...

I did all the above. Finally took the assembly off. I would have lubed and adjusted forever and never fixed my problem. I"m missing a spring. Anyone know what type of spring that is or where i can get one.

Go to Home Depot, go to the recessed lighting section, see if any of the spring clips can be trimmed on the hook ends a little to fit...

080083700103.jpg

rougeben83

Go to Home Depot, go to the recessed lighting section, see if any of the spring clips can be trimmed on the hook ends a little to fit...

=========================================

Thanks that was kinda what I was looking for. Don't want to buy a hood latch when all I need is the spring. Next concern is that I have no idea what kind of tension the spring should be...

• 4 weeks later...

080083700103.jpg

Gave these a try but they were not strong enough. Purchased a new latch. All is fine now.

Archived