LegacyGT.com

My 94 Turbo Touring Wagon

TurboLady

Here's my much loved, long awaited, first Subaru. This one is staying in the family. My 21 year old son is already making plans for when this one becomes his after I get my next car, a Subie of course. Started making those plans on the way home from the dealer... but it's not happening any time soon!

Purchased July 2011 with 173k miles, has 185k now.

When my old car died I just wanted a Subaru, pretty much any Subie in good shape and under $4k. Lucked out with this one though and couldn't resist. Not the most economical car, averages 19 mpg and requires premium fuel, but worth the extra cost. I'm the second owner, first one bought new and traded it in for a new one. Car's in great shape look wise, as you can see.

Had to work some kinks out, don't think the guy ever REALLY used the turbo. Was sluggish, had it serviced, took care of a couple sensors and WOW does it fly! Got my first speeding ticket in over 20 years not too long after that...note to self, don't change lanes and punch it on I-90, lots of cops...:lol:

Anyway, we also did the struts. Nothing fancy, just KYB GR-2, I have a bum leg right now, need an easier ride. Lowering it and all that will have to wait a few years.

Here's the pictures I have for now. Not the greatest, took them the day I brought the car home. Hoping to shoot some better ones soon.

94SubaruDriver.jpg.29c466479ac50284b07ccf3ebf9547be.jpg

94SubaruPassenger.jpg.e4b0d48aabce6770bfc52cc416238c4c.jpg

94SubaruEngine.jpg.0a0169fa88fb4200be878e2de99de992.jpg

94SubaruDash2.jpg.b633db6f7337d3c9b5943f78afc409bf.jpg

94SubaruSun.jpg.4c1838775c7cfb8413e6678fffad6d4b.jpg

94SubaruBack.thumb.jpg.c6c79cee37cd64c6ceb33b3491955aa2.jpg

94SubaruHatch.jpg.79503676abc5145c192b9ed63a325417.jpg

Welcome and glad you can join us.

Tre' cool that you have a Legacy Turbo Sport Wagon. Love the 1st Gen TSes. Light, good power, and balance, and you can really dial these in with minimal cost.

Look forward to your contributions

Again, welcome

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Hi Turbolady! Nice to see some pics. :) KYB's are a really nice upgrade.

I hope you work out the Power Mode issue soon. A Forester XT or '06-07 WRX top mount intercooler and a little bit bigger turbo (TDO4) will really spice up your wagon and add 30+ hp with no need for additional engine management. I am doing this to my Sport Sedan really soon, just waiting on the TD04 from a buddy. I'll post up a write up when I do it. There are plenty posted on bbs, but none on this site. Also subikid is working on a drop in 'coffee can' air intake for me. It gets rid of the lame resonator box that connects the air intake and the turbo inlet elbow. It gives a little bit more power and makes the turbo sound cooler. :) If it works out he will make some more for others. It's fairly simple to fabricate, but he has the skills to make it a bit more slick than I can.

Archived