LegacyGT.com

Dual zone climate control disengage?

Stavesacre21

So I'm still new to this car (about 3 weeks now) and i've read the manual, as well as the sticky about "how the dual zone climate control works", and I still cannot find a thing about this.

Question is...is there a way to disengage the dual zone climate control so you don't have to continue to change both driver and passenger sides whenever you change the temperature?

Every other car i've owned (Mazdas, Fords, Chevys, Nissans) with dual zone has something like a "Dual" button that you press and it locks both sides to the same temperature, so you don't have to continue to adjust both sides when you are the only person in the car.

Am I overlooking some simple operation here? Even the manual states something to the effect of "it is possible to change the passenger side climate control seperate from the driver", hinting that single operation might be possible.

Any thoughts on the issue?

Say your wife was with you last time you were in the car...her side is set to 80. You have to change both sides to 65 to cool the car quickly, then both sides up to 70 once it stabilizes. If you leave the passenger side at 80, the temperature in the car will be closer to 75 if one side is 70 and one is 80.

Given the responses so far, I'm assuming there isn't a way to disengage the dual, making dual adjustments a must.

It's not even about how annoying it is...i'm just wondering if it's even possible to run a single temperature, or if Subaru simply requires both to always be set seperately. The manual is so bland about it, I have no idea if i'm even missing something.

there is no way to turn both at the same time, annoying but you'll get used to it. i did and i'm ocd sometimes and it has the be at the same temp to both sides and when my friend's in the car. if my side feels cold/warm i adjust their side too:p

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Archived