LegacyGT.com

Winter set up

i have a pair of BMW rims (with adapters ) that are 235/45 R17" is it safe to put these on my LGT seeing how they are quit a bit wider than the stock rubber. i just don't want anything to go wrong…. thoughts?

A pair?? Are you only planning on putting 2 on??

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

You do live in a place that gets snow...you do know that...right ?

These must be All-season tires with lots of tread on them.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 3 months later...

Steamboat, I hope you ski ?

Wait, you said, i have a pair of BMW rims (with adapters ) that are 235/45 R17

Do your have a pair or a set of rims with tires mounted ?

Why don't you just have the tires mounted on the GT wheels ? That would be the way I'd do it.

If your going to add spacers/adaptors, plus the off set of the BMW wheel...I can see why the shop said no.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

The gt wheels I have are 215. I didn't think you could mount those rubber on there , I have a full set of 4 rims with tires on them and the adapters add another inch in stance on either side so I thought they would be fine and wouldn't rub. But I solved my problem. I bought some pretty cheap 16" impreza rims that have brand new snow tires on it....... I have stock breaks so the wheels should clear then ..... I think? And yes I ski a lot haha

16's will not fit over stock GT brakes.

The 235's can be mounted on the stock GT wheels.

I had a great time a Steamboat a few years back. Great hill.

They will fit, but good luck getting them back off... three guys, a lot of cussing and a ruined tire resulted in removing 4 from my stock 2005 LGT wheels... good thing the tires were already toasted from potholes. Also, you should know that that width will make you feel like you are floating on top of the snow.

Archived